Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

That was the live debut of You Already Know.

That means they're playing it at Glastonbury doesn't it?

EDIT: Actually, that's poor deduction. It's more likely that, as FF says above, they played it due to Ross being there. Phew.

Edited by GlastoSimon

was it really? was sure they'd played it before, but obviously not

it seemed awfully flat (regardless of it being one of the worst songs on the record) so i hope it's not played live again. wouldn't be missed

was it really? was sure they'd played it before, but obviously not

it seemed awfully flat (regardless of it being one of the worst songs on the record) so i hope it's not played live again. wouldn't be missed

According to setlist.fm - I was surprised too.

I thought they were playing it because they were introducing it on the tour, but its probably just because JR was there. Silly reason but ah well.

EDIT: Actually, that's poor deduction. It's more likely that, as FF says above, they played it due to Ross being there. Phew.

They did play it at Blackpool IIRC.

I just find it odd that they've not even played We Exist since that's the next single.

They did play it at Blackpool IIRC.

I just find it odd that they've not even played We Exist since that's the next single.

might play it on the full Friday show

the Pyramid field is gonna go off when they play Normal Person. the field will be bouncing!

edit: just seen that they played Afterlife as their third song. not that i'm complaining as it's much better than We Exist

Edited by FloorFiller

Because it goes out to a wide audience, a lot of whom don’t know anything about them. That didn’t present them particularly well in my opinion, and it seems almost all non-fans agree.

Yes but why would them not playing the people of this thread's favourite tracks off the new album affect that? I expect a lot of the Jools Holland audience is aware of Arcade Fire, and even if they don't I don't see why it matters, there's a huge television event at the end of next month that will include a massive array of songs.

It's the horrible sound production(?) on Jools Holland that messes everything up, you'll find a lot of bands' performances are bland on Jools because it's so damn quiet.

Edited by dentalplan

Normal Person was an improvement but i still didn't think it translated that well. That's tv appearances for you though.

I know the songs off Funeral were a lot stronger but there is such a difference 9 years on from this:

they should defo have headlined in 2007. That was their time.

It does’t matter. I just think it’s a shame for such a brilliant band to give such a lacklustre performance which a lot of people will judge them on. I was looking forward to it and it was disappointing.

You either like them or you don't , who cares what other people think

Me. It’s a character flaw.

Normal Person was decent, You Already Know was dull.

Glad I didn't try and get any of my mates who are undecided to watch, I doubt it would have swung anyone

Aren't there current live shows getting really good reviews?

Aren't there current live shows getting really good reviews?

Yes. I’m going off Reflektor more and more, but it doesn’t weaken the setlist much at all, for me. Songs like Normal Person and Flashbulb Eyes really improve live. And then Reflektor, Afterlife, and HCTNT are songs I love anyway.

See, I reckon they should have replaced U2 in 2010. Perfect replacements really, and they obviously would have smashed it based on Reading later in the year.

I hope to be proved wrong, but I don't think Glastonbury will live up to my expectations based on watching their live appearances from a few years back. Still look forward to seeing them for the first time though :)

Edited by GlastoSimon

Arcade Fire Video of the Day!

First one of these for a while. Now, lets get into the Neon Bible era. Looking more comfortable on stage, and I love the intensity and feeling. Win puts into this song.