Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

You're too kind - I've also envisaged a hilarious tweet called 'Funeral selfie' - but unfortunately I don't have a physical copy of the album to photograph in a mirror. I suppose the inter

net will just have to struggle on regardless.

You've made me think I really need to start working on my af puns

Empress Ballroom, Roundhouse & Barrowland are hardly huge venues.

As somebody else said above - meh.

They'll go down well probably but not for me - any guesses on what type of band will be on t'other stage opposite them?

probably Calvin Harris or Example to even things out

Edited by dirty_dog

You've made me think I really need to start working on my af puns

I really think Arcade Fire's setlists suffer because they don't play enough songs off their first album - well it's their Funeral I suppose (I posted that the other week - I don't think anyone laughed then either).

that whats great about AF, the average numpty has never heard of them but in the music industry they are probably considered the best band on the planet right now

The people who are saying they aren't big enough to headline are idiots. In 07 they pulled the biggest crowd I've seen to the Other Stage post fence erection, in the p1ssing rain and they've since released two number one albums.

Neon Bible is a cracking album. Hope they do plenty from that as well - could be a long set! And if they were to step back in time and do their version of Guns Of Brixton...

Would love to see black wave/anarchist television blues/my body is a cage alongside keep the car running, no cars go and intervention but with all the new material I think they will play only the 'hits'

Arcade Fire are, and by a long way the best live band I have seen. I was lucky enough to see them headline reading 10', benicassim 11' and at the o2. i could not think of a more appropriate and deserving headliner or a band better suiting and matched to the pyramid stage. they have plenty of well known epic songs.

they will prove all the doubters wrong and make fans of them.

dream set list:

Reflektor

Ready to Start

We Exist

Keep the Car Running

Joan of Arc

The Suburbs

Haiti

Its Never Over (Oh Orpheus)

Powerout

Rebellion

Suburban War

Normal Person

Intervention

Laika

Month of May

Afterlife

No Cars Go

Here Comes The Night Time

Tunnels

Sprawl II

Wake Up

Arcade Fire are, and by a long way the best live band I have seen. I was lucky enough to see them headline reading 10', benicassim 11' and at the o2. i could not think of a more appropri

ate and deserving headliner or a band better suiting and matched to the pyramid stage. they have plenty of well known epic songs.

they will prove all the doubters wrong and make fans of them.

dream set list:

Reflektor

Ready to Start

We Exist

Keep the Car Running

Joan of Arc

The Suburbs

Haiti

Its Never Over (Oh Orpheus)

Power out

Rebellion

Suburban War

Normal Person

Intervention

Laika

Month of May

Afterlife

No Cars Go

Here Comes The Night Time

Tunnels

Sprawl II

Wake Up

What a set that would be, what an encore

I really think Arcade Fire's setlists suffer because they don't play enough songs off their first album - well it's their Funeral I suppose (I posted that the other week - I don't think anyone laughed then either).

on their big tours (arena shows, festivals etc etc)

they always play:

Tunnels

Laika

Powerout

Rebellion

haiti

wake up

thats over half the album!! - id say thats quite a lot of it :beach:

on their big tours (arena shows, festivals etc etc)

they always play:

Tunnels

Laika

Powerout

Rebellion

haiti

wake up

thats over half the album!! - id say thats quite a lot of it :beach:

haven't played any with the Reflektor material incorporated yet though, although i assume they'll still play the majority of those songs. they're all massive fan favourites so don't see them ditching them (except maybe Laika)

haven't played any with the Reflektor material incorporated yet though, although i assume they'll still play the majority of those songs. they're all massive fan favourites so don't see them ditching them (except maybe Laika)

Very true, I can see Laika being omitted sadly :( - shame as its a great song that reaches a whole new level live! the rest cannot by left out in my opinion!

If they dont play Tunnels I'll sulk for the rest of festival

When I saw them at blackpool they finished with Haiti, it worked relatively well with everyone 'oooing' to the outro, just had a though that they might start using that as a last song. Saying that though they do change their setlist loads, like when I saw them in manchester in 2011 they ended on the suburbs/the suburbs continued. They have to do wake up last for glasto though surely?

When I saw them at blackpool they finished with Haiti, it worked relatively well with everyone 'oooing' to the outro, just had a though that they might start using that as a last song. Saying that though they do change their setlist loads, like when I saw them in manchester in 2011 they ended on the suburbs/the suburbs continued. They have to do wake up last for glasto though surely

thats amazing, I can imagine Haiti being a great closer.

I think they have to close with Wake up at glasto it would be absolutely epic - saying that i think coachella in 2011 they closed the main set with wake up and encored with ready to start and sprawl II! -

I think that says a lot about the songs the band have any number of there songs would work as closers!!

Absolutely delighted Arcade Fire have now been officially announced. Didn't enjoy Glastonbury 2013 anywhere near as much as previous visits so determined to sort that out next year. My favourite band as one of the headliners should definitely help.

That setlist Festhead posted would be tremendous to see.