Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

tbh Pixies subbing Arcade Fire would be one of the best things ever so i'm gonna hope for that over them headlining Other (as it just lessens the headliner clashes and opens up Other for another headliner) but i still think, if Pixies play, it'll be headlining Other on Saturday

I'm going to hope for that too. Would be a brilliant start to the festival! But for some reason, like you, I see Pixies more as an Other headliner than a Pyramid sub.

Pixies into Arcade Fire on the Friday? Where can they go from there?!?!

Having spent a bit more time listening to Reflektor I have to say that as much as I enjoy it, it does seem to suffer from double album syndrome. I'm fairly confident you could drop a handful of tunes and make a more rock solid album. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy pretty much all of the songs on there but some of them are definitely better then others in this mans humble opinion.

This is great news. Im much more an AF fan that Pixies but would be more than happy to see them sub. Make sense too as id guess it would cut down on movement between stages between sub and headline. I presume most fans would watch both.

Well actually they prefer crowd churn, as it relieves pressure on the barrier and gets people walking past the stalls :P

That said, it would be awful clash and neither are really an alternative to the other which is what the Festival seems to try to do with the headliners.

I'd love Pixies into Arcade Fire on the Pyramid to :D

Why do people keep posting this account? They appear to have no more connections than us guessing, except for they are dedicated to Arcade Fire. (Didn't they say a while ago they wern't doing Glastonbury?)

Agree with this, although some prefer Surfer Rosa/Come on Pilgrim.

Death to the Pixies is a good best of, although with only four albums there's really no excuse for not having all of them.

I prefer Trompe Le Monde

Though I'll be the first to admit that this isn't the best starting place, start with 'Death To The Pixies' 'Wave Of Mutilation: The Best Of The Pixies and listen to the album based on the songs you like the most.

Edited by Yesiamaduck

Pixies into Arcade Fire on the Friday? Where can they go from there?!?!

Having spent a bit more time listening to Reflektor I have to say that as much as I enjoy it, it does seem to suffer from double album syndrome. I'm fairly confident you could drop a handful of tunes and make a more rock solid album. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy pretty much all of the songs on there but some of them are definitely better then others in this mans humble opinion.

It's already got fewer songs than The Suburbs, does the fact that it's fewer songs but on two CDs make it a double-album? I don't think either of the CDs on their own could pass for a single-album.

Doolittle is the obvious starting point for everybody, and then Surfer Rosa / Come On Pilgrim, and then the other two, and maybe the new EP (only because they'll be playing material from it if they play; it's actually pretty shit)

It's already got fewer songs than The Suburbs, does the fact that it's fewer songs but on two CDs make it a double-album? I don't think either of the CDs on their own could pass for a single-album.

to be honest i think it just boils down to the songs not being as strong this time around. even the best songs on the album don't seem quite as strong as their previous albums (even Neon Bible, which i rate(d) their worst, but was kept afloat by three (maybe four) absolutely huge amazing songs)

Unsure if its actually marlay park though, think it might be phoenix park. Marlay park was where they had longitude this year.

I do know there is a load of gigs planned for Ireland next year though, more than this year.

Ive seen Pixies play Phoenix Park before actually!

Fascinated to hear that there is an increase in shows for Dublin next year.