Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

Superb gig. Sounded great, really enjoyed hearing the new songs with a great sample of their old stuff mixed in. They were visibly jet lagged (as win confirmed) and richard perry (who is usually the most energetic on stage) had a bad back so they weren't quite as active as normal... but you can't fault them for effort - clearly looked like they were loving being on stage, particularly Will. Regine may be the cutest human being on earth, particularly when she bashfully came forward to sing sprawl 2. Really special crowd and atmosphere too - bar one dickhead as someone else said, wonder if it was the same one?! Came out really wishing i'd gone for tickets for tonight in the main sale!

Edited by DJL

I'd say it was probably the same dickhead as it sounds like you two were standing close to each other and both reported one.

Everyone at the back where we were was lovely, bar a couple who insisted on snogging throughout much of the gig right in my eye line! And a guy who decided that during Here Comes The Night Time was the perfect opportunity to chat up me and my mate! Er, no! But he was harmless. Really nice vibe for a gig I thought.

• Upvote 1

Evilduck if you have purplish hair then it probably was you! I would have said hi but you were just about too far away across a polite but tightly packed crowd to do so. My view was good, yours must have been amazing...

Oh and a spoiler but one i would want to read before going...

i was taking a photo of my wife with someone (probably a roadie) wearing one of the famous big head masks beforehand when a guy in a full face mask (a bit like the scarecrow mask in batman but orange, i think the band have worn them before) walked past giggling. He was about 6 ft 4 and dressed like a hipster... it was clearly win butler and he wore the mask on stage later. He walked up and down the queue outside earlier as well - having a great time.

• Upvote 1

Evilduck if you have purplish hair then it probably was you! I would have said hi but you were just about too far away across a polite but tightly packed crowd to do so. My view was good, yours must have been amazing...

i was taking a photo of my wife with someone (probably a roadie) wearing one of the famous big head masks beforehand when a guy in a full face mask (a bit like the scarecrow mask in batman but orange, i think the band have worn them before) walked past giggling. He was about 6 ft 4 and dressed like a hipster... it was clearly win butler and he wore the mask on stage later. He walked up and down the queue outside earlier as well - having a great time.

I said to my mate that I thought some of the people walking around in those masks would be band members! I knew it! I didn't much like the masks - they freak me out! And look a bit like Beavis and Butthead

They'd be perfect for Glasto but I just don't know how likely it is. So many songs would sound so good on the Pyramid.

Really wish i was going to Blackpool now!

Re: Glasto. Just don't see why they wouldn't. Even if headlining the best festival in the world somehow means little to them, the tv coverage guarantees they would sell masses of tickets for the inevitable arena tour next autumn.

OH MY GOD CROWN OF LOVE

hope they keep that in the setlist / stick to three Funeral songs for Blackpool

i see from setlist.fm that they also snuck a little acapella snippet of My Body Is A Cage in there (somebody may have mentioned it - haven't read everything properly)

CAN'T WAIT

edit: ah Rebecca did mention it. STILL EXCITED

gonna look out for band members walking about and pounce on them

Edited by FloorFiller

Really wish i was going to Blackpool now!

Re: Glasto. Just don't see why they wouldn't. Even if headlining the best festival in the world somehow means little to them, the tv coverage guarantees they would sell masses of tickets for the inevitable arena tour next autumn.

I don't either really. I hear this thing about them complaining last time so they obviously don't care about Glastonbury but didn't they just complain about the mud? I thought, of all festivals, Glastonbury would be very important because the event's charitable nature ties in with theirs

OH MY GOD CROWN OF LOVE

hope they keep that in the setlist / stick to three Funeral songs for Blackpool

i see from setlist.fm that they also snuck a little acapella snippet of My Body Is A Cage in there (somebody may have mentioned it - haven't read everything properly)

CAN'T WAIT

edit: ah Rebecca did mention it. STILL EXCITED

gonna look out for band members walking about and pounce on them

:D I thought of you when they played it! Really hope you get it too.

I think my only (small) disappointment was no Awful Sound as wanted to hear that live. Minor gripe though.

I don't think the issue is them not wanting to play G but whether the organisers think they're big enough. I think they are but a lot seem to doubt it. Doesn't really fit in with Michael's comments either for what they're worth. I don't know. Perhaps I just can't accept the possibility until I get a ticket!

• Upvote 1

Yep that was me with the purple hair! I did have a great view, lots of Will going mental right infront of me :D

I heard about them walking around in masks at the previous shows, I like how they are getting in and mingling with everyone! It's a proper party atmosphere.

Ah...now I really regret not having a ticket!!! (Even if the setlist was a bit short and left out my favorite older ones :P). Sounds like a pretty special show even by their high standards! Love they've took out the weird bobly head things with them :D

Hope the arena tour is just as fun (and comes around soon!) ...and the Glastonbury headline set! I've convinced myself they will be there!

i wish they'd play tunnels or 7 kettles rather than crown of love :(

I'm hoping they vary it tonight too. I don't mind Crown of Love, it's just not one of my all time favourites of theirs. It has some pretty hefty competition though.

Reading through this has made me even more excited about tonight which I didn't think was possible

I'm hoping they vary it tonight too. I don't mind Crown of Love, it's just not one of my all time favourites of theirs. It has some pretty hefty competition though.

Reading through this has made me even more excited about tonight which I didn't think was possible

It's so good live though. I've seen it before but it really benefited from the intimate environment. I had tears in my eyes almost instantly. And then that bit at the end where it all kicks off... argh. Love them.

It's so good live though. I've seen it before but it really benefited from the intimate environment. I had tears in my eyes almost instantly. And then that bit at the end where it all kicks off... argh. Love them.

I am really looking forward to seeing them in the roundhouse, I have my homemade broken CD decorated jacket at the ready! I saw them at Brixton on the Neon Bible tour which was immense but haven't seen them since