Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

I don't think they were an hour late were they? I'm sure they came on about quarter to 9. It didn't feel short anyway despite the short set, and all the new songs sound amazing live.

I was on the barrier on the right side, and I was browsing here on my phone at one point. Was it me?!

They let some of us in a bit early and we had to learn a dance for We Exist which was actually really fun. Luckily I didn't forget it and I think it looked good when we did it during the gig. Lots of people dressed up in fancy dress and swish formal wear and they had a ton of free masks and face painters. I wish I was going again tomorrow! Crown of love was a lovely surprise too.

BY0uL02CYAAVSiY.jpg

GlastoSimon I can't believe you posted the setlist without spoilers! :P I was totally going to use them after all my practice too! Sod it, I'll stick em on anyway.

But yeah that was pretty much it except Haiti was the closer and Crown of Love (argh!) just before it. Crown of Love was the highlight for me - shed a little tear - and totally didn't expect it. Especially as I was just talking about it on here with FloorFiller the other day.

Power Out as second song was also incredible. Thought they'd save that until way later!

As expected all the new songs sound way better live than on record. We Exist really came into its own as did Afterlife - got a bit emotional then too, it was just so beautiful with the glitterball and the lights and everyone singing along! Absolutely lovely atmosphere, really friendly and kind of festive with all the facepaint and masks and what have you. Felt like something special and a privilege to be there. They all looked amazing too, nice chat, really warm and lovely.

It's Never Over and Normal Person were as good as I expected them to be and Here Comes The Night Time was just glorious. Oh and they did Flashbulb Eyes (sorry FloorFiller!) Which was actually a surprise. Although if you don't like it on record I don't think you'll like it any more live.

They were so bloody good. Third time I've seen them and I probably preferred previous setlists to be honest but the small venue made it way better. Well worth the pricey ticket I reckon! There were so many moments where I was just grinning like a loon throughout :D

We didn't get down the front but hung at the back to have room to dance but we had a great view anyway and felt really close even at the back.

I have to say having witnessed tonight that they would absolutely ace a Pyramid headline set. I know there are a lot of doubters but I think they have the attitude and whimsicality and sheer party-time atmosphere to pull it off. It would be incredible and beautiful and it has to happen.

And yet I really, really hope they don't play because I'm a selfish cow and I don't have a ticket and the Manics/Pixies/Dolly rumours are already eating me up inside with jealousy as it is! If Arcade Fire play I just know I'm not going to see it :(

Enjoy the rest of the gigs guys - I'm sure you will! They were DJing afterwards but we left as it's a Monday and we're lame.

Yeah there's no problem with the dressing up. I went kind of formal (for me) and I took a mask but it was totally optional - no pressure at all. There were people doing facepaint too and my friend got that done. I saw a lot of people who weren't dressed up at all. Mask makes a nice memento too.

The last time I looked at my phone for the time it was 8.45 so evilduck may be right - they could have come on just after that. I'd say about an hour and a half or an hour and 20? It felt quite short to me but gigs usually do. I don't feel ripped off though!

GlastoSimon I can't believe you posted the setlist without spoilers! :P I was totally going to use them after all my practice too! Sod it, I'll stick em on anyway.

But yeah that was pretty much it except Haiti was the closer and Crown of Love (argh!) just before it. Crown of Love was the highlight for me - shed a little tear - and totally didn't expect it. Especially as I was just talking about it on here with FloorFiller the other day.

Power Out as second song was also incredible. Thought they'd save that until way later!

As expected all the new songs sound way better live than on record. We Exist really came into its own as did Afterlife - got a bit emotional then too, it was just so beautiful with the glitterball and the lights and everyone singing along! Absolutely lovely atmosphere, really friendly and kind of festive with all the facepaint and masks and what have you. Felt like something special and a privilege to be there. They all looked amazing too, nice chat, really warm and lovely.

It's Never Over and Normal Person were as good as I expected them to be and Here Comes The Night Time was just glorious. Oh and they did Flashbulb Eyes (sorry FloorFiller!) Which was actually a surprise. Although if you don't like it on record I don't think you'll like it any more live.

They were so bloody good. Third time I've seen them and I probably preferred previous setlists to be honest but the small venue made it way better. Well worth the pricey ticket I reckon! There were so many moments where I was just grinning like a loon throughout :D

We didn't get down the front but hung at the back to have room to dance but we had a great view anyway and felt really close even at the back.

I have to say having witnessed tonight that they would absolutely ace a Pyramid headline set. I know there are a lot of doubters but I think they have the attitude and whimsicality and sheer party-time atmosphere to pull it off. It would be incredible and beautiful and it has to happen.

And yet I really, really hope they don't play because I'm a selfish cow and I don't have a ticket and the Manics/Pixies/Dolly rumours are already eating me up inside with jealousy as it is! If Arcade Fire play I just know I'm not going to see it :(

Enjoy the rest of the gigs guys - I'm sure you will! They were DJing afterwards but we left as it's a Monday and we're lame.

Great write up Rebecca, thank you.

So glad it was all you hoped for. Even more excited for tomorrow now, as if that's even possible!

And keep the faith re the Glasto ticket. If anyone deserves the ticket gods to be smiling on them it's definitely you :)

Apologies, noted for future reference! And, good luck in the re-sale, I've been lucky that way before so it's not impossible :)

Edited by GlastoSimon

Great write up Rebecca, thank you.

So glad it was all you hoped for. Even more excited for tomorrow now, as if that's even possible!

And keep the faith re the Glasto ticket. If anyone deserves the ticket gods to be smiling on them it's definitely you :)

Ah thank you :) That's so lovely of you! I'm not sure I deserve it all that much but I definitely want it an insane amount!

Still, Nick Cave, Arcade Fire and The National in one month so I can't really complain.

Enjoy tomorrow, you'll have an absolute ball :D And Regine looked soooo beautiful.

Apologies, noted for future reference! And, good luck in the re-sale, I've been lucky that way before so it's not impossible :)

As if anyone on here could resist clicking the 'show' button anyway! I know I couldn't have done in the run-up to Nick Cave :)

Thanks very much for the good luck wishes too :)

Edited by RebeccaD

Ah thank you :) That's so lovely of you! I'm not sure I deserve it all that much but I definitely want it an insane amount!

Still, Nick Cave, Arcade Fire and The National in one month so I can't really complain.

Enjoy tomorrow, you'll have an absolute ball :D And Regine looked soooo beautiful.

That's a pretty good month by any account to be fair!

I hope Regine didn't get the days mixed up and thought I was going to be there tonight! ;)

Fuck! Crown of Love! I really hope they play that at the Glasgow gigs. That song performed at the barras would be amazing.

I'm glad that people got involved in the fancy/formal dress. I'm going to wear a nice lacy dress, heels and a masquerade mask so I don't think I'll be over or underdressed.

Fuck! Crown of Love! I really hope they play that at the Glasgow gigs. That song performed at the barras would be amazing.

I'm glad that people got involved in the fancy/formal dress. I'm going to wear a nice lacy dress, heels and a masquerade mask so I don't think I'll be over or underdressed.

I didn't expect it at all! Was so good :)

Win also sang the into to My Body Is A Cage and the crowd all sang along - that was lovely. They went into something else instead though... Can't remember what.