Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

i know a lot of people were getting sick of it but i was sad to see that they'd stopped using Wake Up as their final song in some of their 2011 shows and replaced it with Sprawl II. Sprawl II is a fantastic song (glad they're playing it on these dates) but man, you just can't beat Wake Up as a closer

I remember at the Hyde Park gig they said they played it early as they wanted to see the crowd's reaction to it while it was still light.

i know a lot of people were getting sick of it but i was sad to see that they'd stopped using Wake Up as their final song in some of their 2011 shows and replaced it with Sprawl II. Sprawl II is a fantastic song (glad they're playing it on these dates) but man, you just can't beat Wake Up as a closer

i've barely listened to their first EP but if they're going to include Headlights Look Like Diamonds then i guess i should give it a listen

They closed with The Suburbs when I last saw them, which actually worked quite well, especially with it being one of the last shows on the tour. It felt like the closure of that tour/era.

And I've literally just listened to the EP for the first time. It's not bad at all.

I remember at the Hyde Park gig they said they played it early as they wanted to see the crowd's reaction to it while it was still light.

that's fair enough, but i hope they re-introduce it as the closer when they do their proper tour. i'm not one for bands just going through the motions or what have you, but when i go see Arcade Fire i want to be tearing my vocal chords to shreds during those 'whooaaaaa's until i'm nearly dead right at the end. think i'd collapse with exhaustion if it were any earlier in the set

i'm also going to be very sad to see some Funeral songs get dropped. goodbye Crown Of Love i bet

that's fair enough, but i hope they re-introduce it as the closer when they do their proper tour. i'm not one for bands just going through the motions or what have you, but when i go see Arcade Fire i want to be tearing my vocal chords to shreds during those 'whooaaaaa's until i'm nearly dead right at the end. think i'd collapse with exhaustion if it were any earlier in the set

i'm also going to be very sad to see some Funeral songs get dropped. goodbye Crown Of Love i bet

Ooh I love Crown Of Love.

I was a bit like that when Muse decided to put Knights in the middle of their setlist and close with Starlight or Survival (Fucking Starlight ffs!). I get why they done it, I was getting bit of bored it myself when I saw them...but it just felt like a massive anti climax (That could be due to using Starlight ffs :P).

But yeah some Songs just work as closers and Wake Up is one of those.

That's my favourite Arcade Fire song, they played it at Leeds in 2010 and I might have had a wee tear in my eye.

yes! i remember looking at their setlists before Leeds and noticed they'd been switching between Crown Of Love and Deep Blue and i was so worried that we were going to get Deep Blue instead. literally screamed with joy when they started playing Crown Of Love. magical

Wake up is a fantastic closer. I've seen them before close the main set with Wake Up and close the encore with tunnels. It worked really well though I think that might have been due to the snowy visuals they had on the massive screen behind them, the fact it was snowing in Cardiff and the fact that I was wasted, but it seemed to work quite nicely at the time. :)

There is currently a fire in front of the Pyramid...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/festivals/glastonbury/webcam/

There can surely be no further proof that Arcade Fire will be headlining this year!

But is it an Arcade on fire?

(BTW should someone the fire service/let Micheal know dya think ? :P Don't want another Pyramid to burn down even if its just the structure :P)

Edited by LondonTom

i got an email from seetickets saying that the collect on the door thing was incorrect and that the tickets would be dispatched to the given address

I hope not, I won't be at home between now and Tuesday to collect the them!

The email from Ticketmaster definitely says entry via the payment card and ID only.

Anyone had physical tickets from Ticketmaster?

The email from Ticketmaster definitely says entry via the payment card and ID only.

Tickets from ticketmaster arrived on Tuesday ( Glasgow show)

You're London aren't you? My Ticketmaster London tickets very clearly say paperless and that you need ID and confirmation to pick up. I had another email to that effect today. Worry not!

So did you get a National ticket?

There seems to be confusion over tickets. I think Blackpool and Glasgow have physical tickets, Roundhouse requiring ID on the door.

Most of the US shows have been paperless which I think is a far better idea since some of these tickets are going for hundreds.

Anyway, has everyone decided what they're wearing for these shows? It's literally the first thing I thought about, even before the whole getting there thing.

Edited by kaytee...