Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

That was 2012, and they played Lolla after pulling out of Coachella.

Amusing isn't it.

haha that's true but in that case, then two of Coachella may well have been playing Lolla that year. Most of this board will be aware that Sabbath had to pull out of Coachella that year, not to play Bonnaroo instead but as well as.

if those are headliners...i stand corrected then...well done. a 4-0 defeat...and on my home turf...Sabbath weren't headliners though so you don't get the 5th goal!

these are just the 2 big US festivals that got established over the past 10 years and they traditionally have had a different vibe - "jam rock" vs. what the US call "alternative" music - and when i watched them more closely - i only attended one B'Roo, back in 2007 - I thought I'd rarely seen them have similar headliners in same year, as they were quite competitive and different, and certainly didn't share

I guess you could say that but as my point above mentioned, I kinda did get that 5th goal right but a different year.

I guess they could be in competition but when I was over the states earlier this year, after being told that after 18+ hours if you stay on the same road you'll get from LA to Daytona or something like that and given the likes of IOW and T, IOW and Glasto etc will share, I'd say the distance between them allows it.

It's not a guaranteed but I wouldn't be shocked if Coachella and Bonnaroo shared next year, but at the same time it's not an every year thing so could go either way

Not sure about that, I know FR made a £25k donation as a condition of them playing, I don't know if it came out of or was on top of their fee. They have contributed a lot to those charities over the years but I didn't hear anything about them specifically giving up their R&L fee.

Ah yes...I knew they had done something to get a decent donation to charity.

Album went number 1 to over the weekend, which is pleasing and should put them in the minds of a couple more casual listeners.

Just going to jump into this thread without reading to say I am in love with the new album, it's possibly as good as funeral, in my estimation.

Judging by the number of pages I can only assume Russy has been fighting the good fight with retards again. Keep at them Russy, they are without a doubt a total bunch of fists.

Just going to jump into this thread without reading to say I am in love with the new album, it's possibly as good as funeral, in my estimation.

Judging by the number of pages I can only assume Russy has been fighting the good fight with retards again. Keep at them Russy, they are without a doubt a total bunch of fists.

I havent! I've not even heard the record yet.

I am the fist it would appear

Latest ArcadeFiretube tweet claims that Roskilde have said AF will only do European festivals in June, meaning they could still be on for Glastonbury

Edit: Never mind, the next tweet says they won't. I hope they're wrong

Edited by rjb94

Another dream dies by the looks of things.

The info could of course be bull, which given they've also said they'll play Reading and Leeds again...

but have they said they'll do it this year or just generally would?

arcade fire at glasto was only a dream next year I think for a few, when the roskilde info came out that confirmed it for me, eavis has said 3 times I think acts have never done the event. I know he lies but 3 times

arcade fire at glasto was only a dream next year I think for a few, when the roskilde info came out that confirmed it for me, eavis has said 3 times I think acts have never done the event. I know he lies but 3 times

2014! Their info said Arctic Monkeys - Arcade Fire - Pearl Jam.

What, it was confirmed for you when they said they'd be back in North America by July 5th? :huh:

I think we'll have to hang on until we can rule them out conclusively. They'll probably end up being the top 'secret set' rumour next year anyway.

The album is really growing on me now. I think it's bloody brilliant. And I still love Flashbulb Eyes! :P

Reckon Monday is going to be an awesome party and I am ready for a boogie :D So chuffed I got tickets.

Also I've only just realised that there's a clip of Jonathan Ross on it! What's all that about then?

The album is really growing on me now. I think it's bloody brilliant. And I still love Flashbulb Eyes! :P

Reckon Monday is going to be an awesome party and I am ready for a boogie :D So chuffed I got tickets.

Also I've only just realised that there's a clip of Jonathan Ross on it! What's all that about then?

i stand by my disappointment. Flashbulb Eyes just shouldn't be on the album. both the song itself and the lyrics are fucking awful. "what if the camera really do steal your soul" sounds like the lyrics of some moody teenage goth band. terrible

from Here Comes The Night Time through to It's Never Over they have a great run of songs, but the songs that bookend them let them down (apart from Reflektor)

and the Jonathan Ross clip is bizarre. i thought it was him on first listen but thought 'nah, can't be' until i read in The Guardian's review that it was him (and that Win Butler had thrown a hissy fit on that particular show)

i'll stop moaning about the album now. it's not that bad. and i am very excited to see them in a couple of weeks :P

Edited by FloorFiller

Arcade Fire won't do Reading and Leeds again this year. four years is too small of a gap to repeat headliners (for Reading and Leeds, anyway. seems to be at least a five/six year gap for repeating headliners there)

that's what I reckon but others seem to think different, even though it's not a fr promoted tour they are doing

I'm sceptical but...

I was speaking to my friend yesterday and was telling her about Arcade Fire playing Primavera Sound next year.

Apparently her friends colleague goes out with a music journalist and at the weekend he found out Arcade Fire are playing Saturday of Glastonbury 2014...

Again, I'm sceptical and wouldn't recommend anyone to necessarily believe that, but would thought you would all like to know!