Latitude 2014

Gingerbond

any reason why the cup replacement thingy isnt used at other fests? thought it would be great for glastonbury, also thought the seating works well as you get alot of people seated without taking up too much space...suspect this might be more difficult at bigger fests tho

Fully agree with the cup scheme. Very little litter compared with Glastonbury although the impact wouldn't be so great with most people drinking their own booze at Glastonbury.

I do think though that if there is less litter to start with at least some people would be less inclined to dump their rubbish on the ground.

GFL was offered it some years ago { before they split the bar operation into many separate independent operators } and this was rejected by GFL ' for their own reasons '
sure it takes up more space and there is more movement of pickup vehicles but it could work if they had given the green light.

GFL was offered it some years ago { before they split the bar operation into many separate independent operators } and this was rejected by GFL ' for their own reasons '
sure it takes up more space and there is more movement of pickup vehicles but it could work if they had given the green light.

interesting, the difference it made in litter was incredible (i realise different crowds/demographic etc..but still)

im sure glastonbury has valid reasons tho, just be good to know what they are!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, I was wondering how and when do I apply if I want to volunteer at this years festival?

It would be a little early as Oxfam, Hotbox, Green Messengers, WBC etc usually start their recruitment early Spring.

although most of what you wrote is correct the WBC does not accept direct applications - a individual has to join a WBC Approved group and its up to the Group Organiser who gets placed at which event and the best time to try and join a group is in the Winter as there is very strict deadlines due to the bidding process.
I am a Official Group Organiser so I know exactly how someone new can join a Team/Group but its not as easy as just applying for a Hotbox place.
I have some notes on the process starting at http://www.wbc-team.co.uk/wbc-official-teams-1.html
please note - my Team is full for 2015 - I don't mind helping someone as long as they appreciate that I cant take them on myself.
Allocation dates change each year but in 2014 I had allocated all the places at the start of March for the whole year { it does mean that a person has to know for certain that they will be free six months later - once they request a place unless they drop down dead I do expect them to show up as this can impact on others - the WBC will reduce the allocation for the next event by two for each person who drops out so its not just the ' no show ' who gets punished + the Group will see their earnings reduced by £300 as they have to pay a fine. }

• 1 month later...