Bowie

reallife

IF Bowie played, what are the chances of him not doing half of his average 'new' album?

Loaded/nonsense question to one side...

When Bowie played in 2000, nothing was played from 1999's "Hours" record. Theoretically he could easily ignore The Next Day if he toured next year. That would surprise me though, as not seeing "Thursday's Child" on the Glasto setlist also similarly surprises.

Incidentally, 60% of the songs from Glasto were from the 1970's with only 3 from the 1990's.

It was as Nal says a "Greatest Hits" gig. As ive stated it on these boards before, at least on paper I still can't see a better gig from anyone on these islands in the past 25 years. Its by some distance the best gig ever at Glastonbury Festival.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was as Nal says a "Greatest Hits" gig. As ive stated it on these boards before, at least on paper I still can't see a better gig from anyone on these islands in the past 25 years. Its by some distance the best gig ever at Glastonbury Festival.

Paul McCartney, 2004. A setlist you can hang your hat on.

word I'm hearing is that Glastonbury haven't made an approach about Bowie.

I know you always have good information, but it seems completely insane that when there are rumours flying all over the place that he might tour off the back of an unexpected, very successful album, that they wouldn't at least ask him.

I know you always have good information, but it seems completely insane that when there are rumours flying all over the place that he might tour off the back of an unexpected, very successful album, that they wouldn't at least ask him.

insane or not, it's very well sourced info I've had. I've no reason to think it's inaccurate.

It's possible that the source is out of the info loop, but that seems very unlikely.

He's a legend Bowie, i would love to see him.

But if he really is as fragile as some people are saying, i'd rather have the memories of past live performances. He doesn't need to play again or prove himself, but if he was up to it, and felt he could put on a good show, then i'd be ecstatic!

• 4 weeks later...

Right I'm bumping this - finally listened to The Next Day and it's my favorite album in a long long time. Every single song I like, slow stuff and louder stuff. Apart from Chvrches I've not touched another album for days.

IF in the unlikely event he did play live (Glastonbury or anywhere) this stuff would sound amazing next to the older songs.

I thought that Never Let Me Down was (still is) a fantastic album and my favourite album in a long time when it was released. It was overshadowed by the accompanying Glass Spider tour of course, which everyone seems to pan, including The Man/Dame himself.

The crowd when I went were very much "WTF is this all about"ish, but I thought the video release made it look well arty.

Not sure what my point is but the above post reminded me of that.

No ticket so please not this year.

Quite possibly the greatest artist of my lifetime.

Quite possibly the greatest artist of my lifetime.

+1

Was saying this to my 17yr old daughter last week. She could see what I was getting at, the quality just shines through, across the era's, albums, etc., there is just something about him/his material. Oh, except the Lords Prayer @ Live Aid, but everyone cocks up every now and again!!

+1

Was saying this to my 17yr old daughter last week. She could see what I was getting at, the quality just shines through, across the era's, albums, etc., there is just something about him/his material. Oh, except the Lords Prayer @ Live Aid, but everyone cocks up every now and again!!

The Changes DVD!

Is all.

An artist.

Edited by MrZigster