Rock Werchter 2014

Guest Dead throne

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My top marks go to:

Biffy Clyro (Of course, although it was very strange seeing them in daylight in a small crowd, looking forward to seeing them again in August when they'll play to a sold out crowd the way the Gods intended)

Oscar and the Wolf (They played mostly new songs and still had everybody mesmerized)

Twenty One Pilots & Royal Blood (Two duos who know how to set a crowd alight).

I have to say I enjoyed everyone I saw, I didn't feel let down by anyone's performance.

Too hot the first/second day - his 34degrees at one point. But then there was a bit of rain on the saturday, most notably throughout The Black Keys, stopped for Pearl Jam though thankfully. The Sunday afternoon though was ridiculously wet. I got so wet I ended up puking blood from being so cold and damp. It came on pretty suddenly as well on the sunday.

Too hot the first/second day - his 34degrees at one point. But then there was a bit of rain on the saturday, most notably throughout The Black Keys, stopped for Pearl Jam though thankfully. The Sunday afternoon though was ridiculously wet. I got so wet I ended up puking blood from being so cold and damp. It came on pretty suddenly as well on the sunday.

I kept myself warm by dancing around after that super fast torrent of rain. We'd literally just left camp as a friend had dragged us to go see Bastille and we had to take cover under the hive tent until it died down. We'd walked in it for 2 minutes tops and I was soaked to the bone.

One observation from the festival this year is the need for screens outside the tent stages and decent sound. Only band i really missed seen due to this was the Eels and left the campsite a bit worse for wear but in plenty of time - damn heart palpitations caused by Red Bull!! But we couldnt get into the tent i think the rain at the time didn't help either as people dashed for cover. But i hope they can do what they have done at pukklepop.

How come they don't do screens outside the tents?

Seeing this implemented at Leeds is something I definitely feel could and should be implemented at RW. The tents were insanely hot at times and I'd have much rather preferred to watch from the outside.