Rock Werchter 2014

Guest Dead throne

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hoping to go next year aswell tbh but very unlikely I'll have anyone to go with (I will persevere however to convince one or two friends). What would you guys who have been before say about someone doing the festival alone? Never done a fest alone before, done plenty of gigs as my friends, while they enjoy gigging, don't wish to spend the amount I am able to on them, so know that seeing the music alone wouldn't be an issue, it's more camping alone I'd be worried about tbh

I'm a huge Nine Inch Nails fan but I'm getting afraid NIN won't come to RW#14. I remember in 2009 when they played, a few assholes started chanting METALLICA during their set and it seemed to piss Trent off. And now, Trent is saying this in an interview:

"... We played a show in Belgium, essentially opening for Eminem. And there was a realization about midway through the first song that, OK, this audience doesn't care about what I'm up to."

http://www.npr.org/2013/09/04/218961237/trent-reznor-im-not-the-same-person-i-was-20-years-ago

I'm a huge Nine Inch Nails fan but I'm getting afraid NIN won't come to RW#14. I remember in 2009 when they played, a few assholes started chanting METALLICA during their set and it seemed to piss Trent off. And now, Trent is saying this in an interview:

"... We played a show in Belgium, essentially opening for Eminem. And there was a realization about midway through the first song that, OK, this audience doesn't care about what I'm up to."

http://www.npr.org/2013/09/04/218961237/trent-reznor-im-not-the-same-person-i-was-20-years-ago

I think he'll still play at Werchter, after all he's still tied to Live Nation and if they really want them there...

But as I've said before: there's rumours of making NIN a Barn headliner, which in my opinion would be exquisite (thinking back at how it was for Bloc Party and Sigur Ros). NIN's popularity is really tainting in Belgium, so a 20.000 people tent actually sounds perfect, without capacity problems.

Dour: no way. They might sound the perfect fit in terms of line up, but it's such a diverse festival, that there are few acts who could actually draw a huge crowd. I've seen Pulp and Suede play for 1000 people, says enough.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm hoping to go next year aswell tbh but very unlikely I'll have anyone to go with (I will persevere however to convince one or two friends). What would you guys who have been before say about someone doing the festival alone? Never done a fest alone before, done plenty of gigs as my friends, while they enjoy gigging, don't wish to spend the amount I am able to on them, so know that seeing the music alone wouldn't be an issue, it's more camping alone I'd be worried about tbh

This time last year we already had the first announcement(Rammstein) and by the end of october we had Rammstein, Blur, Green Day, Depeche Mode, Editors and Volbeat.....you guys think we'll get the first announcement(s) any time soon? :)

Edited by Gossard

Rammstein was exceptionally early cause they wanted to announce their whole tour at once, while Download wanted to announce their headliners in September. I'm guessing we'll get the first one in a couple of weeks, but generally they'll come later than next year (AM/QOTSA/Placebo still having a Belgian gig in November, etc).

Greetings to everyone!

I am from the United States and have never been to Europe so this would be a bit of excitement for me. I am very interested in attending the Rock Werchter festival with some friends and also considering the package deals that include the hotels. Has anyone done those and have any thoughts on that? I know that many people do the camping thing, but that's something that interests me, plus I would be with a variety of people that may also prefer the hotel experience. Moreover, we also plan to do some sightseeing outside of the festival so it's probably a good idea to have a home base in Brussels, such as those that are part of the package deals.

When is the best time to have the tickets purchased? I saw where someone said they have sold out as early as March but maybe a little later perhaps. I just need to let everyone in my group know some deadlines for booking our various things on the agenda.

As for groups, it seems that they usually announce some of the acts around this time, correct? Would there be a decent list announced by the end of October? I can tell you that there are several people in my group of friends that want to see Muse and Pearl Jam so maybe that will happen. I wonder if Kavinsky will be there as part of the DJ acts. Any thoughts?

Thanks for any comments or suggestions.

Yea I think they usually announce at least a couple of headliners at this time, last year they had almost all of them before november.

I wouldn't want to miss the camping experience as it is one of the major differences between us and european festivals, do the sightseeing afterwards!