T In The Park 2014

Guest harryomatic

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't really see Jay Z headlining T as a solo artist - I went to see him at the AECC not long after he headlined Glastonbury and the place wasn't even half sold out - I don't think he sold out the SECC either - I think this is more of a reason as to why he doesn't have a Scotland date. I could imagine him headlining with someone - be it "co-headlining" or a joint tour like he seems to like doing now a days, and isn't there talk of him and Beyonce doing a joint tour?

So I'm going to say:

Friday - Arctics/Snow Patrol

Saturday - Jay Z & Beyonce

Sunday - Bowie.

To be honest - chances are all the headliners were on that survey from not that long ago.

the day tickets sold out for Rhianna thing was just another internet spread lie. I didn't believe it and could buy 4 day tickets at once at every stage along the way. Killers day was much busier according to those I have spoken to. TCGE is nothing to do with Bella and Jay Z will never play there, it's tiny in comparison.

I can't really see Jay Z headlining T as a solo artist - I went to see him at the AECC not long after he headlined Glastonbury and the place wasn't even half sold out - I don't think he sold out the SECC either - I think this is more of a reason as to why he doesn't have a Scotland date. I could imagine him headlining with someone - be it "co-headlining" or a joint tour like he seems to like doing now a days, and isn't there talk of him and Beyonce doing a joint tour?

So I'm going to say:

Friday - Arctics/Snow Patrol

Saturday - Jay Z & Beyonce

Sunday - Bowie.

To be honest - chances are all the headliners were on that survey from not that long ago.

My email isn't offering £20 off but it is offering a Glasto style deposit scheme with this years prices. Deposit plus 2 further payments. They are taking the whole deposit off you if you don't make the second or third payments though unlike Glasto who refund most of it.

Still not tempted though.

I've had the email about 5 times now! I really hope this is a sign that they fucked up this last 2 years and now consider that the long time T regs are important to the success of the festival. I won't be parting with cash until I've seen a decent line up though and unless it's seriously much better than Rock Werchter I'll be trying that instead. Both are possible though I suppose.

I've had the email about 5 times now! I really hope this is a sign that they fucked up this last 2 years and now consider that the long time T regs are important to the success of the festival. I won't be parting with cash until I've seen a decent line up though and unless it's seriously much better than Rock Werchter I'll be trying that instead. Both are possible though I suppose.

Edited by thetime

Got those emails also, but won't be spending any cash until I see the type of lineup they are aiming at next year.

The interviews I saw on TV with Geoff did not inspire me with confidence that he will change direction back to a couple of years ago. If he did, I'd be buying tickets like a shot, but I guess it will be the November headliner announcements/presales before we get any clues about the lineup.

I'd like them to target Arcade Fire for one of the Headline slots, and maybe have more of the legacy acts like Madness, Pixies, and Specials. Jack White, Slash, and Black Keys would be good also if they have new material. Someone big like Fleetwood Mac would be good, but the demographic thing may be a problem.

QOTSA would be a good NME headliner, with Sigur Ros headlining Tuts. We can but dream that Bowie tours again next year and plays T.

I don't know why but I really have a feeling that Bowie will tour next year. Or at least do some shows.

With Earl Slick saying no tour this year but next is a possibility and his wife, Iman, saying her and their daughter would have to visit him but won't be touring with him, and a few other things that people have said about his touring band rehersing in secret - I just really think he will.

Think he also liked the whole 10 years between albums and next year would be 10 years between solo tours.

Think Geoff would snap him up if he had the opportunity and to be honest I think Bowie would be one of a very few older acts that he would still book - he does sometimes book acts that he loves even though they are outwith T's "demographic" - The Who, REM and Kraftwerk are examples of this.

I think with Bowie it really will be next year or never - it'll be 10 years since he was meant to headline and to be honest he's not getting any younger - he'll be 67 next year.

I think about this far too much but I really really live in hope that I will see him - I've told my sister that I will miss her wedding if he headlines the Friday of T next year - THAT is how much it means to me haha.

Edited by stu150

Is nobody considering Oasis for headlining? Wouldn't be surprised if they reformed for 2014 as they are rumoured to do, and if they were to I think they would play T

I can see Biffy playing for certain, and Franz Ferdinand, Travis and The Prodigy having high slots (The prodigy were interviewed on the T twitter page a couple of weeks ago)

And I can see QOTSA headlining Reading and Leeds as an exclusive

Edited by Lor1

Think I'd have to give that a miss, for all the current lineups attract kids that probably dont know better, Oasis, and the other two to some extents would attract a whole different line. I think it will take Liam publically begging Noel before any reunion happens anyway.

Bit of a laugh that they give the 'loyalty' bonus when it was the year that many regulars stopped going