T In The Park 2014

Guest harryomatic

After Rockness and Wickerman I think Belladrum is the next biggest. I've never been despite it being quite close. I'm loving the line up this year and from what everyone says it's all that the bigger fests aren't. Small, intimate, laid back, fantastic setting and also family friendly. Sans neds although there's always the odd muppet that can't hold their drink. It is scotland after all.

The trouble with the fests like that is that you really have to commit before you see a full line up. They always sell out well in advance and if you have a long trip to finance and plan too you can't afford to miss out.

I love Loopallu. You can't get a better setting than the middle of Ullapool. It's great as in no walk from parking, no walk to tent and the bar is in a tent with a band on too. Best of all is that when it finishes the bands all play again in the pubs. I saw ade edmundson and the bad shepherds in a tiny venue and it was immense. One of my top gigs ever. The next day we had Turin Brakes in the main tent and that was even better! I can't recommend it enough. The scenery to get there will blow you away. It does me every time and I spend half my life in the hills mountain biking and should be immune by now :) The only downside is that it's by the sea at the end of sept. It can be glorious or awful weather wise. Because the stages are inside though it doesn't matter.

If you like a real adventure and music with the celtic twist then Gaelfest is on this coming weekend in Stornoway I think. Van Morrison is headlining this time, Waterboys last year. Bigger names are thin on the ground but all that go rave about it. Again especially as the weather has been freakily good for the west coast over the last couple of years.

I like my beer and I'm a brewdog share holder now so I have to mention the Brew at the Bog fest in Inverness. Good beer and bands of the ilk of Fatherson, Bombskare etc. Nothing that you'll hear on radio 1 but magic all the same. The other one I'm doin this year is Jocktober fest on the Black Isle. Again, great beer, great atmosphere and bands that might not have blown the charts away but will make sure you join in and have a brilliant time, Kassidy maybe being the biggest.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wickerman always looked a half decent look for the smaller types.

On next year, if we are still considering KOL... I'll follow on from the last song they previewed live that was discussed in the 2013 thread, the new single isnt that bad, in fact, its almost Aha Shake Heartbreak sounding. A return to form while their stadium status wanes?

Edited by Chiefski

This. Plus the fact it was empty so getting between stages was quicker, no queues, camping was less stressful and a more pleasant experience and generally everyone is happy. This year with last year's weather would have seen many turn tail never to return I reckon.

Typical, just because we have all the cool guys supporting us....and aren't ehhhh dead..lol..could be worse it could be zombies watchin the junkie that is marti pellow....now that would be funny.

Edited by Lor1

It's not even a celtic rangers argument

It's an arsehole who probably watches his team once a year bringing celtic Into a suggestion of rod Stewart and being completely unnecessarily derogatory

Edited by Lor1

Watching a few of the highlights back and noticing that all the headliners seem to have not alot of lighting directed to the crowd this year, and instead all the lightings focusing on the stage. Normally at T you'd get alot of wide shots of the crowd with the lighting on them during the headline sets but not so much this year.

Wonder if that was to try and mask the poor crowds or I'm just reading into it to much.

Watching a few of the highlights back and noticing that all the headliners seem to have not alot of lighting directed to the crowd this year, and instead all the lightings focusing on the stage. Normally at T you'd get alot of wide shots of the crowd with the lighting on them during the headline sets but not so much this year.

Wonder if that was to try and mask the poor crowds or I'm just reading into it to much.

this, i don't get anyone that says that T was empty, there were massive crowds of people. killers and mumford's i can say went very wide out.

T generally does have a gap in the crowd's further back though as everyone is up for it and having a dance along.

i can also report no sound issues at all

this, i don't get anyone that says that T was empty, there were massive crowds of people. killers and mumford's i can say went very wide out.

T generally does have a gap in the crowd's further back though as everyone is up for it and having a dance along.

i can also report no sound issues at all

Yeah I'm not saying it was. The headliners I saw had large crowds, but it was definitely different interms of normal T the way that they showed the crowd during sets. For instance Mr Brightside for The Killers was extremely dark and there wasn't many views of the crowd going wild like previous years i.e Kasabian, fire/ blur, song 2.

Was just an observation.

The only real difference in crowds was the difference from last year where the weather kept everyone in the campsite and bar the mud made it very easy walking from stage to stage, this year seemed a lot busier and at times it was a struggle getting from one place to the other but not to ridiculous levels

The only real difference in crowds was the difference from last year where the weather kept everyone in the campsite and bar the mud made it very easy walking from stage to stage, this year seemed a lot busier and at times it was a struggle getting from one place to the other but not to ridiculous levels

The coverage I saw made the crowds look sparse compared to normal. Aerial views of main behind the 2nd barrier showed big areas of the black matting stuff and people standing round in wee huddles talking. Usually it's not like that until you go back past the speaker towers. I've also been amazed at the pics from the campsite. Green grass everywhere and people sat in circles away from their tents, you'd have to go back to 2 day fest days the last time I can remember that being possible .

The coverage I saw made the crowds look sparse compared to normal. Aerial views of main behind the 2nd barrier showed big areas of the black matting stuff and people standing round in wee huddles talking. Usually it's not like that until you go back past the speaker towers. I've also been amazed at the pics from the campsite. Green grass everywhere and people sat in circles away from their tents, you'd have to go back to 2 day fest days the last time I can remember that being possible .

Your right its not a rangers Celtic arguement because am not ah rangers fan,ah did t mention zombies,ah don't have nothing to do with football in ma user name,maybe you should have a word with the guys about his rant above...priceless

His concerts have previous for attracting people wearing Celtic tops ffs he came on with one himself at Vegas,he got booed and people walked out at Glasgow a few years ago cause he started mumbling about Celtic...that's all am saying

Saying that if you were to stick the prodigy on at the same time as him I would be happy with that.