T In The Park 2014

Guest harryomatic

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what just came over me but I just paid a deposit on 2 weekend camping tickets for next year. For £79.90 inc booking fee I couldldnt really complain. If the lineup is amazing I'll go down Sat & Sun. If its poor I should be able to get what I paid for them with the £20 off a ticket. Which will prob be £30 come next years price increase.

Got those emails also, but won't be spending any cash until I see the type of lineup they are aiming at next year.

The interviews I saw on TV with Geoff did not inspire me with confidence that he will change direction back to a couple of years ago. If he did, I'd be buying tickets like a shot, but I guess it will be the November headliner announcements/presales before we get any clues about the lineup.

I'd like them to target Arcade Fire for one of the Headline slots, and maybe have more of the legacy acts like Madness, Pixies, and Specials. Jack White, Slash, and Black Keys would be good also if they have new material. Someone big like Fleetwood Mac would be good, but the demographic thing may be a problem.

QOTSA would be a good NME headliner, with Sigur Ros headlining Tuts. We can but dream that Bowie tours again next year and plays T.

Edited by blue6field

you cant talk about ANYONE being idiotic

avicii playing bella park but will headline tuts

deadmau5 headlining a stage lower than 3 years ago while EDM is on the up still

elbow headlining glasto and subbing T

guetta for a third year in a row in the same spot

macklemore headlining nme

black keys only headlining nme (especially if a new album is out)

ed sheeran only headlining tuts

i know its early (very early) and dont want to sound cheeky but wow.

Edited by music-fan4

beyonce headlined glasto and subbed T

Deadmau5 you're right about

On Guetta, T is notorious for stupid repeat bookings (guetta, harris etc)

Swap Mackelmore and Sheeran

Black Keys could most certainly headline NME, T often has huge indie bands playing far lower than they deserve, e.g the strokes subbing NME the same year they co-headlined R/L

Also, sorry for the late reply

Edited by thewayiam

i wanna know if they do more than Mumford did. At T I thought mumford were far better than at Glasto - Glasto is a bigger stage I guess so. But as much as I enjoyed Mumford on friday, The Killers smashed them out the water and Rihanna (although until last hour of her show) it wasn't great anyway.

The poor thing with T was they put the very boring and wasteful Phonics on before The Killers.

I've only seen mumfords once and that was last year at a fest, I thoroughly enjoyed there set which all I can go on.

Totally agree with you on the stereophonics, bland and boring and should of quit as soon as they got rid of cable. Never been so bored during a set at werchter, all I was waiting for was local boy and mr writer.

i stood through it after chvrches who were really good btw at T and thought as I was there only one time I reckon anyway I'll and enjoy it. Mr Writer is the most slowly, boring and urgh song I think I may ever hear, honestly I'm not an Elbow fan at all but until Phonics played Bartender and Dakota at the end, it was very questionable which one I'd prefer. Dakota is just getting boring last now, there is never a rotation on the last song.

For the attention of devilman:

Another thing to add - I did find myself staying back at campsite for the odd band i didn't decide to see like Swim Deep 1st thing Tut's Tent and The Lumineers main stage/Kodaline transmissions - they clashed so was going to half and half plus Villagers.

i did see jack savoretti and foy vance which i was pleased with.

swim were kinda not that bothered, you know when you enjoy a lesser band more when another mate is bothered. same with villagers, lumineers and koda was kinda more down to having such a blast at the campsite - this has happened at more than just T though, you just decide not to go.

just being honest with my weekend.