2014!

Guest Flaminglippy

Its not too early...shut up!

Got my sister (hasn't done a festival since she was pregnant 4 years ago and did V) and my bro-in-law (goes to Download) and my neph, who will be 4 next year, to come to 2014 as their xmas pressie off me. So excited!

Early predictions...

Manics...Spiritualized...Jimmy Cliff...Wind-Up Birds (on the back of their 2nd album going in at no. 2 in the charts!)..Vampire Weekend...Kanye...Super Furrys...Flaming Lips...

Friday...Kanye/Nick Cave

Saturday...Flaming Lips/Super Furrys

Sunday...Manics/Spiritualized/Jimmy Cliff

Edited by Flaminglippy

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not too early...shut up!

Got my sister (hasn't done a festival since she was pregnant 4 years ago and did V) and my bro-in-law (goes to Download) and my neph, who will be 4 next year, to come to 2014 as their xmas pressie off me. So excited!

Early predictions...

Manics...Spiritualized...Jimmy Cliff...Wind-Up Birds (on the back of their 2nd album going in at no. 2 in the charts!)..Vampire Weekend...Kanye...Super Furrys...Flaming Lips...

Friday...Kanye/Nick Cave

Saturday...Flaming Lips/Super Furrys

Sunday...Manics/Spiritualized/Jimmy Cliff

Good to see your still bangin the drum for Jimmy Cliff Lippy. Great shout.

Think I normally have Stereophonics in my predictions / wish list but saw them at the weekend and ( sadly ) was left a wee tad disappointed. Hopefully a one off but very flat performance and wasn`t impressed with the new tunes. Looked as if they couldn`t be arsed but hopefully just a blip ?!?

I like this thread. Makes me look beyond the great yawning hole which is our Kendal-free weekend next weekend. It does seem to have been sluggish in selling out this year, so the organisers may have that in mind for next year? I hope not.

I would be delighted with any of Nick Cave, The Pixies, The National, Belle and Sebastian, Edwyn Collins, along with a crafty reunion of Mozzer and Marr in the Calling Out Tent on the sunday afternoon. Oh, and NO Hotpots..

Look I'm only telling what a local taxi driver told me......

He said they had found a rather special aircraft hanger and disused airfield , he got it from the girl in the local chippy , who in turn said she had been told by their vinegar supplier from Manchester . So I guess ronisons brewery are in the know , vinegar ....... Elbow ale ! Same shit in it ?