Your memorable song of the entire 2013 festival, only one allowed!

Guest Zoso1975

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have too many but every time I hear robin thicke 'good girls' I think back to glasto and our neighbours who without doubt every morning started to chant the intro '......everybody get up.......' still makes me smile now, wishing I was back there and the morning 'alarm' kicked off.....

I've been thinking about this for a while and there are so many options from the Stones and Chic, as well as Amanda Palmer's Ukulele Song, but I wouldn't be the Cave fangirl I am if I didn't say Stagger Lee. Must have seen that song live about 10 times but never like *that*. Mindblowing. Even trumped From Her To Eternity, which is my favourite of his and the first time I've seen it live. That was a very close second though.

On the subject of his hair, I agree that it is somewhat problematic but as Russy said he's the only man who can get away with it. I'm never looking at his hair anyway...

Edited by RebeccaD

Nick Cave's hair is fully appropriate for a demon god of the ancient world. All those faithless unbelievers who criticise or mock the glossy black lustrousness will have his justice rained down on them when they are brought before him at the end of days! Repent now and spread the word of his follical glory, and he will be merciful!

Over to the man himself, who's less enamoured with it:

Now l'm at the hairdressers

People watch me as they move past

A guy wearing plastic antlers

Presses his bum against the glass

Now l'm down on my hands and knees

And it's so fucking hot!

Someone cries, "What are you looking for?"

I scream, "The plot, the plot!"

I grab my telephone, I call my wife at home

She screams, "Leave us alone!" I say, "Hey, it's only me"

The hairdresser with his scissors, he holds up the mirror

I look back and shiver; I can't even believe what I can see.

Edited by CaledonianGonzo