BBC iPlayer downloading

Guest When Jokers Attack

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got the majority on my Sky box (the BBC2 stuff in HD), but obviously don't want it to live there forever. 640x360 seems a bit crappy in comparison. I'm sure there must be a tool to extract it from your sky box to an external hard drive... but for all the googling I can't seem to find it.

Slightly related, I have had the rips of everything I wanted, now in the process of turning them into MP3 albums.

Just done Chic and was going to upload to Dimeadozen, but then reading the terms not sure if it's breaking their policies on torrents?

I have basically used get_iplayer to get the sets, used Pazera to get the mp3 extracted and Audacity to split the tracks.

Does anyone know if that is in breach of the rules on torrents?

Sorry for asking everywhere:

Is there anyone here who's not from the UK, who has found a solution on how to get the videos (full concerts, not the one song-clips) working?

get_iplayer doesn't work for me neither, as bbc blocks the view for people being outside the UK :-(

Sorry for asking everywhere:

Is there anyone here who's not from the UK, who has found a solution on how to get the videos (full concerts, not the one song-clips) working?

get_iplayer doesn't work for me neither, as bbc blocks the view for people being outside the UK :-(

You need a VPN with UK servers. I use AIRVPN to access country restricted content, they've got a 3 day trial for €1 at the moment, should give you enough time to watch what you want. It pushes your internet connection via a UK server so get_iplayer will work (i.e. it's not just a browser redirect). Dead easy to use, they have their own VPN client so just pick the server (UK) and connect, away you go.