How to remove the Wrist Band without cutting it?

Guest Marianne

Hello All,

Here we go Glastonbury is finish and I'm sure every one of you had an amazing time over there.

I would like to remove the Glastonbury wristband without cutting it. I would like to keep it intact...

Anyone knows how is the best way to do it?

Many thanks.

P.S: I unfortunately need to remove it anyway...

Work it very slowly up your hand, using the trailing end to tug it. Keeping it flat is better, and you can get your hands and the wristband in hot soapy water to help ease it off. I've got all 8 years worth off this way :-)

You can also use something that and thin (like a ruler) to help work it off sortof how you'd use a shoe horn.

Edited by UEF

If you can't slip it off, get a mole grip or similar and bend the metal ring to and fro repeatedly, it will eventually split and you can remove the pieces, it will be easier if a friend does it but it is possible with patience to do it yourself. A hacksaw could be used but you may injure yourself!

I squeeze the sides of the metal clip with a pair of pliers using my 'other' hand, then force a small flat bladed screwdriver into the clip using the hand the wristband is on. It's possible to release the clip just enough to slide a bit of fabric through so you can get it off, and because you're holding the screwdriver in the same hand it's safe as long as you push it away from your wrist. Sounds awkward but it's easier when you actually do it.

Having said that, I'm only saying how I do it every year, you're on your own if it all goes horribly wrong!

My hands are disproportionately massive in comparison to my wrists, all attempts to slide off wristbands since my first festival in 2007 have been futile, I've tried all manner of tools to remove the metal clamps, each attempt has ended in a shredded wristband.

My hands are disproportionately massive in comparison to my wrists, all attempts to slide off wristbands since my first festival in 2007 have been futile, I've tried all manner of tools to remove the metal clamps, each attempt has ended in a shredded wristband.