The Psychedelic Music of Glastonbury

Dave The Hedgehog

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, NoBallGames said:

I really appreciate this. I was literally searching for some Pych rock especially after no Flaming Lips added when the poster dropped today. 

No worries at all, happy to help fellow Psych music lovers!

8 hours ago, alframsey said:

I didn't realise Yak were playing, il definitely be watching them.

Same here, I have just listened to them and they seem quite fun.

On a side note, disappointed no King Gizz this year. Somehow managed to find myself missing ALL their sets last year!

3 minutes ago, Johnny Appleseed said:

Crazy though for that many bands on the lineup the biggest list of psych bands we could muster is about 4!

Why so many mind numbing 'solo singer-songwriter' acts booked ?!

Seems to be what people want to hear nowadays for some reason.

Glastonbury is becoming gentrified :P wouldn't surprise me to see a Costa stall there one year but by fuck I hope not!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Resurrecting this thread for 2017, having seen Goat, Mugstar, Hookworms, Jane Weaver and Josefin Ohrn & the Liberation last night, and seeing Wooden Shjips and Baba Naga in the next few weeks, i really hope a few of these make it to glastonbury next year. 

Are Tangerine Dream active?

Goat were flippin amazing, I'd seen them at Glastonbury in 2013 and loved them but wasn't sure if was the festival "feeling" that helped as I'm not bothered about them when listening at home...but Saturday was just something else, fab.

3 hours ago, bexj said:

Are Tangerine Dream active?

Goat were flippin amazing, I'd seen them at Glastonbury in 2013 and loved them but wasn't sure if was the festival "feeling" that helped as I'm not bothered about them when listening at home...but Saturday was just something else, fab.

Apparently...

http://www.tangerinedream-music.com/index.php

Saw them twice on the Pearl Mystic tour and twice on the Hum tour. Not since late '14/early '15 though I think. They're outstanding live - especially the Pearl Mystic stuff. Though, the weakest time I saw them was supporting Slowdive (Dec '14 IIRC) and their sound got completely engulfed. Would have to be William's Green, Crow's Nest, or nowt for me.

45 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

They were great Saturday. Very much a "bang through the songs and get off" set rather than any conversation or interaction but sounded brilliant.

Pretty much what he said! 

There were 5 bands on, and I don't think a single word was spoken by any of them!