The Psychedelic Music of Glastonbury

Dave The Hedgehog

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a shame Gong aren't playing. I only got into them after someone mentioned it on here. Plenty of psych rock to choose from though I think

Gong aren't playing but Steve Hillage is fusing Gong with System 7 on the Glade Stage on Friday, unless I'm grossly misinformed and it's just Steve Hillage banging a gong along to System 7.

Gong aren't playing but Steve Hillage is fusing Gong with System 7 on the Glade Stage on Friday, unless I'm grossly misinformed and it's just Steve Hillage banging a gong along to System 7.

Either way it's worth a watch!

Saturday in William's Green as well.

The Wytches

The Bevis Frond

Temples

Some good bands in there that day, actually though I'm not too keen on The Rails. Toy has been spoken about earlier, Fujiya & Miyagi have some motorik going on if Krautrock floats your boat, and The Moles are worth checking out as well. Richard Davies from The Moles is a massive influence on The Flaming Lips and Wayne Coyne in particular.

This is probably a quite unpopular opinion but I actually quite like MGMT's third 'MGMT' album. I liked the second one too...

Me too! A lot!

Julian Cope is the arch drood, a hero of mine and quite unmissable.

However, the week before the festival first debut fiction novel is being released. His slot might not be musical, it might be a reading.

In any case, I'll be there.

Me too! A lot!

Julian Cope is the arch drood, a hero of mine and quite unmissable.

However, the week before the festival first debut fiction novel is being released. His slot might not be musical, it might be a reading.

In any case, I'll be there.

I'm sure Julian Cope is just doing the book/talking thing, He's there in the first half of the day at the Crows Nest so it will be the University half, not the music half

• 11 months later...

So what recommendations have we got for this year?

TOY, Spiritualized, The Fall (not of the genre per se but I'll stick 'em in anyway for the weirdness), Goat, King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard, The Zombies (?), Fat White Family (again...?), The Bevis Frond

And of course, the psychedelic funk monk himself.....Donovan! :)

King Gizzard and Goat are two of my must-sees this year. Gizzard are playing a couple of times as well I think, but at the Park stage in the sun is where I'll be watching!

Yep Park and William's Green. That'll be insane, I hear their live shows are carnage (in a good way)

They're quite prolific in releasing records and even have their own festival in Australia

Blimmin heck! I thought I had their debut, but clearly not.

King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard are a seven piece psychedelic garage band from Melbourne, Australia formed in 2010. In the space of five years they have released two EP's and six albums on their own record label "Flightless"

King Gizzard, Goat, Toy, Gaslamp Killer Experience is a bit weird - have a listen to them.

There's a real dearth of quality rock'n'roll this year. Too much candy-ass shite like Foo Fighters, Vaccines, Peace etc.

Agree with that. All about Parquet Courts last year!

I will be at Williams Green for King Gizz (and Toy). Really wanted to see them on Park but I know my mates will want to be at Charlatans and Cribs. I may wander off up to Park, will make the call on the morning.

Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow eh.

Edited by The_Amazing_Oblong

I will be at Williams Green for King Gizz. Really wanted to see them on Park but I know my mates will want to be at Charlatans and Cribs. I may wander off up to Park, will make the call on the morning.

Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow eh.

The good thing is they're playing twice so can change clashes accordingly. Wouldn't surprise me if they popped up somewhere in the SE corner at stupid o'clock in the morning

Blimmin heck! I thought I had their debut, but clearly not.

King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard are a seven piece psychedelic garage band from Melbourne, Australia formed in 2010. In the space of five years they have released two EP's and six albums on their own record label "Flightless"

I thought I was well versed in them by listening to the two albums on Spotify!!

:lol: