The Psychedelic Music of Glastonbury

Dave The Hedgehog

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exellent. Used to see them every year (well various Gong lineups, but Planet Gong was the mainstay) at Stonehenge Free Festival in the late 70s. Also went to their final gig in Camden a number of years back, supported by Here & Now which was a mammoth effort as most of that band also made up Planet Gong so had to play two sets back to back.

Damn, that's really disappointing news about Gong, but hope Daevid gets better soon. Was really looking forward to seeing Kavus Torabi (ex Cardiacs) playing guitar in the band.

Wonder who the replacement Glade headliner will be? Would be nice if they could ship Ozrics over, it's been an age since they've played glasto.

i was around in the 1960s and and still appreciate psych [not to forget acid folk and acid folk rock!] but am unfamiliar with the new wave of it, except for Temples [love those visual effects of theirs on youtube]. If someone could list the psych acts at Glasto 2014 i'll give a big thanks and send good vibrations thru the ether.

Edited by scorp

If someone could list the psych acts at Glasto 2014 i'll give a big thanks and send good vibrations thru the ether.

A second call from me on this as I wouldn't have a clue. I have made a list of the acts mentioned on this thread and will look them up to see if any of them are playing. Just wondering about psych acts that haven't been mentioned yet on here who are playing.

also

Toy

Jon Hopkins

Sun Ra Arkestra

also as there's a glaring lack of psych/shoegaze on the bill I reckon include

Mogwai

Four Tet

and to a lesser extent Massive Attack on this tbh

+ andrew innes and Simone Butler from Primal Scream are djing and will be playing a lot of good stuff.

Edited by Field Commander Jefferson

Cheers for the recommendation, just listening now and sound good. Remind me of 80s matchbox a bit if anyone remembers them?!

Your welcome . I do remember 80's matchbox b line disaster. I can see the comparison

Try if you haven't heard of before:

The War or Drugs

Brian Jonestown Massacre

The Horrors

Jagwar Ma

And hope to discover a few more new acts myself over the weekend :)

I'm not sure how i feel about TWOD, just started to listen to The Horrors since they are supporting Kings of Leon on Saturday at St James' Park. Quite liking The Horrors, they took a step in the complete opposite direction after their first album it would seem.