Nick Cave

Midnight Man

Hahaha thank you! I can tell you that I did squeeze his bum, but unfortunately that is all. My dad watched the entire set over breakfast the next morning and might of spat his cornflakes out had I done anything else!

Back to the gig itself, I have to take my hat off to the Mumford fans who surrounded me as they let me go right through to the front on the barrier, they then proceeded to shout cave girl at me and continually attempted to beckon Nick over to me, which was eventually successful! One other boy actually came over and put me on his shoulders which was a real treat! This was a far cry from when I was at the 2009 gig, the Blur fans around were so, so rude and one actually punched me in the head and no one would let me get closer and they all just laughed and sneered at me.

The security guards were also wicked this year, after Nick had straddled me with one knee on each shoulder he rose up a bit higher and I was supporting his whole body weight and the security kept making sure I was ok! I was loving it, I would never ever of dropped him! During red right hand he actually sang at me off the stage which was almost just as epic! The mumford fans were all screaming he's singing at you!

The security guard came over to me at the end of the set and gave me the set list, so I now have a permanent momento!

Sorry for going on, I just wanted to share my amazing experience, something I will never ever forget.

Nick Cave Forever!!!!

Wow, the jealousy i have for you is unbelievable :P that sounds like an incredible experience, what a great weekend you must have had (even if just for that)!

Was that really you?! It was a great moment, brilliant. Your face was an absolute peach! One of the funniest things I have ever seen at Glastonbury!

Yes I can happily say that it was me! I still can't get over it! My parents are off to see him for their first Nick Cave gig on a Sunday in September and I'm so desperate to with them now, but it's all sold out! Ahhhhhh! Thanks guys all your comments are making it even better. Love you all :)

Yes I can happily say that it was me! I still can't get over it! My parents are off to see him for their first Nick Cave gig on a Sunday in September and I'm so desperate to with them now, but it's all sold out! Ahhhhhh! Thanks guys all your comments are making it even better. Love you all :)

Get a ticket off Gumtree or even ebay, you have to be there!

Yeah, the girl in the white dress was me...

Nah, I wish. Fucking insane set and the best form I've ever seen them on after many years of Cave gigs. Pretty sure I came in my pants during From Her To Eternity.

Crowd were appalling around me though and someone even shouted 'Fuck you' at me as I tried to move past the Bumford fans. Still made for a confrontational experience. I'm more obsessed with him than ever now, it's just unhealthy. Can't wait for October. I definitely have to get a ticket for another one of the Apollo gigs. He's literally all I can think about post Glasto.

And hana_29 you were great. Does he smell as good as he looks? (Sorry)

It's so good!

By the way, just in case they're on Efests I'd also like to say hi to the boy and girl with the red right gloves who befriended me! I was a complete Cave loner until this point so was grateful for the company. You rocked! Until that point I was just a mad screaming woman on my own...

I was transfixed during Red Right Hand when some immaculately scrubbed bint in hunters said "How can they even let someone like HIM even into the festival, never mind play". I've never been so close to ripping someone's throat out with my teeth (like Nick would have wanted). I'm sorry I didn't, but I didmention how retarded you'd have to be to stick around for Mumford after seeing a proper band very loudly in her vague direction as I left. Cue much cheering and her having a face like a smacked arse. :-)

I was transfixed during Red Right Hand when some immaculately scrubbed bint in hunters said "How can they even let someone like HIM even into the festival, never mind play". I've never been so close to ripping someone's throat out with my teeth (like Nick would have wanted). I'm sorry I didn't, but I didmention how retarded you'd have to be to stick around for Mumford after seeing a proper band very loudly in her vague direction as I left. Cue much cheering and her having a face like a smacked arse. :-)

• Upvote 1

It was glorious trying to get out and shouting very loudly about how that was real music in the ears of the Mumford fans. I hope he won some of the over but I seriously don't get why people would wait at the front during bands they don't want to see. It's insane.

That's two Cave gigs I've seen at Glasto in which he's playing to a largely disinterested crowd. Perhaps he enjoys it but I for one would rather be among the converted. It was pretty fucking lonely down there (red right glove people excepted) and a lot of people were talking over him, even three rows from the barrier.

Haha well done. I simply don't understand how someone could think that though. I accept that everyone has different musical taste and Nick Cave is a relatively acquired one. But at the very least, you'd think people may dislike him but somewhat respect the talent he and his band have. I respect your refraining from ripping her throat out with your teeth. That shows incredible self control which i can't guarantee i would have had.

Pleasantly I was joined by another Nick Cave fan for the set as I went on my own. We seemed to scare a fair few Mumford fans as we battled our way through the crowd of seats towards his body for Stagger Lee. Definitely worth it. Set of the festival for me.

Also managed to catch a large chunk of the Smashing Pumpkins after, which was nice.

• Upvote 1

Cave and The Seeds well and truly put 4 holes in Mumford & Sons motherfucking heads!!!!

I arrived about 2 minutes before he started as I was at Public Service Broadcasting so couldn't get right down the front but was to the left of stage next to the screen.

Mumford fans constantly barging past and talking the whole gig but I didn't let them ruin it for me. That performance of Stagger Lee is the best thing I have ever seen. It was so intense, Ended up launcing my hat into the crowd during the massive scream ha. Was actually screaming along myself which gained some dodgy looks from Mumford fans but fuck them. Managed to catch the last half of The Pumpkins as well.

Looking forward to seeing the set again on iplayer. Also got tickets to see him on Halloween which will be perfect.

p.s. Mumford & Sons ain't no good

Edited by When Jokers Attack

Yeah, the girl in the white dress was me...

Nah, I wish. Fucking insane set and the best form I've ever seen them on after many years of Cave gigs. Pretty sure I came in my pants during From Her To Eternity.

Crowd were appalling around me though and someone even shouted 'Fuck you' at me as I tried to move past the Bumford fans. Still made for a confrontational experience. I'm more obsessed with him than ever now, it's just unhealthy. Can't wait for October. I definitely have to get a ticket for another one of the Apollo gigs. He's literally all I can think about post Glasto.

And hana_29 you were great. Does he smell as good as he looks? (Sorry)

heh I wonder if you would have been as composed as she was. I dont think she was a plant. Did you see her go in for a kiss too at the end? Outrageous stuff.

Did you see public service broadcasting first? I didnt in the end as I wanted to make sure we were right down the front. The atmosphere where I was was actually very good, everyone around us were singing along. Even the mumfords nerds seemed to get in it. 100 times better than the blur crowd. Shame not everyone had the same experience.

Jubilee street was better than I dared hoped, as were the other two new ones especially push the sky away. The best version of stagger lee I've ever seen and also people aint no good was incredible.

was from her to eternity as good as you hoped?? I thought it was huge

Gutted I didn't go.

I'm far from a big Nick Cave fan, as been trying to get into slowly in the past few years, but would have gone but most on here in advance were saying how the new album won't suit the slot and how bad the crowd were last time (plus new my mates wouldn't like) etc, so thought I'd be better off trying to catch at their own gig.

Didn't even know much of Smashing Pumpkins in advance and in fairness, they were really good too. Suppose you can't win them all!

heh I wonder if you would have been as composed as she was. I dont think she was a plant. Did you see her go in for a kiss too at the end? Outrageous stuff.

Did you see public service broadcasting first? I didnt in the end as I wanted to make sure we were right down the front. The atmosphere where I was was actually very good, everyone around us were singing along. Even the mumfords nerds seemed to get in it. 100 times better than the blur crowd. Shame not everyone had the same experience.

Jubilee street was better than I dared hoped, as were the other two new ones especially push the sky away. The best version of stagger lee I've ever seen and also people aint no good was incredible.

was from her to eternity as good as you hoped?? I thought it was huge

I can confidently say that I wouldn't have been half as composed as she was. I was so jealous of her that I could have cried!!

Didn't see PSB either in the end as was too paranoid about getting a decent spot. I didn't think it would be as tough as it was to get down the front so glad I went down when I did. Crowd was pretty shit where I was (I found a better group during the pre-Blur set) but performance was way better.

It was just *so* good. From Her To Eternity definitely lived up to my expectations even if I was the only one around me at that point losing my shit. I hope he keeps it in the set for October. He will won't he?

I did a bad thing last night and bought a stupidly expensive ticket for the Sunday gig too. I shouldn't surf the internet when sleep deprived.

Was it me or was the set a tad shorter than expected? Was great to see Pumpkins but could have done with three or four more songs.

It was glorious trying to get out and shouting very loudly about how that was real music in the ears of the Mumford fans. I hope he won some of the over but I seriously don't get why people would wait at the front during bands they don't want to see. It's insane.

That's two Cave gigs I've seen at Glasto in which he's playing to a largely disinterested crowd. Perhaps he enjoys it but I for one would rather be among the converted. It was pretty fucking lonely down there (red right glove people excepted) and a lot of people were talking over him, even three rows from the barrier.

This exactly! The organisers need to sort themselves out and give him a headlining slot somewhere.

Second time to see the lord of darkness at Glastonbury, totally and utterly converted by him first time round and this time fell even more under his spell. Intense, spooky, sexy and passionate all rolled in to one.

Took my 18 year old son to see him (new to the dark one) he was mesmerized. At first he kept shaking his head and saying "this is mad" but then got in to it.

I loved the Mercy Seat and Tupello was as dramatic as ever but that has to be the best version of Stagger Lee live I've seen. Love love loved the girl with Nick Cave on her face, although did at one time think she was going to in the words of Stagger Lee "Suck my c...k"

Mumford fans kept pushing in in front of us, they looked like they had been cloned, boys in trilby hats and girls with garlands in hair and flowery dresses.They looked horrified at Mr Cave.

When we left my son kept shouting "quick before more of the Mumfords come" as though they were a cloned cult.

Amazing show