Nick Cave

Midnight Man

Don't even suggest they might drop From Her To Eternity! I was counting on that!

haha I know what you mean, but they've got so many songs, I just dont want too many repeats of what we got at glastonbury. I'd happily see them drop stagger lee to be honest. Mercy seat is the only one I hope they never drop!

haha I know what you mean, but they've got so many songs, I just dont want too many repeats of what we got at glastonbury. I'd happily see them drop stagger lee to be honest. Mercy seat is the only one I hope they never drop!

But it's my favourite song! I've only see it once! Let me see it at least twice more before they ditch it. I agree on Stagger Lee as I've seen it a lot and I don't think it could top the Glasto version.

I hope they dont drop it believe me!

I suspect that stagger lee is a song they will never drop now, it's become huge. It was so much better this year than in 2009.

I reckon lay me low is the best chance from your list, for no particular reason.

o children/stranger than kindness/and no more shall we part/darker with the day/lucy have all been played only a couple of times on this tour, so perhaps they are more likely. I'd love stranger than kindness

exciting times ahead!

Edited by russycarps

I hope they dont drop it believe me!

I suspect that stagger lee is a song they will never drop now, it's become huge. It was so much better this year than in 2009.

I reckon lay me low is the best chance from your list, for no particular reason.

o children/stranger than kindness/and no more shall we part/darker with the day/lucy have all been played only a couple of times on this tour, so perhaps they are more likely. I'd love stranger than kindness

exciting times ahead!

I'm really hoping for Stranger Than Kindness. Would love Lucy too. I didn't realise he'd actually played Darker With The Day recently! I would thought he'd have trouble memorising all those lyrics ;)

It's beautiful but complicated! One of my favourites of his lyrically actually. I say that about everything though!

I'm really hoping for Stranger Than Kindness. Would love Lucy too. I didn't realise he'd actually played Darker With The Day recently! I would thought he'd have trouble memorising all those lyrics ;)

It's beautiful but complicated! One of my favourites of his lyrically actually. I say that about everything though!

stanger than kindness was played 10 times this tour so there is hope....darker with the day only once. Yeh how the crap does he remember all the lyrics to a song like that?! Its flipping ace that song, probs my fave off that album

Edited by russycarps

stanger than kindness was played 10 times this tour so there is hope....darker with the day only once. Yeh how the crap does he remember all the lyrics to a song like that?! Its flipping ace that song, probs my fave off that album

I've seen him fluff lyrics a few times as well and have the words in front of him. Not that I blame him with a song like that!

This is my favourite part of the song - it's sublime:

'Back on the street, I saw a great big smiling sun

It was a good day and an evil day and all was bright and new

It seemed to me that most destruction was being done

By those who could not choose between the two

Amateurs, dilettantes, hacks, cowboys, clones

The streets groan with little Caesars, Napoleons and c**ts

With their building blocks and their tiny plastic phones

Counting on their fingers, with a crumbs down their fronts

I passed by your garden, saw you with your flowers

The Camellias, Magnolias and Azaleas so sweet

And I stood there invisible in the panicking crowds

You looked so beautiful in the rising heat'

I've seen him fluff lyrics a few times as well and have the words in front of him. Not that I blame him with a song like that!

This is my favourite part of the song - it's sublime:

'Back on the street, I saw a great big smiling sun

It was a good day and an evil day and all was bright and new

It seemed to me that most destruction was being done

By those who could not choose between the two

Amateurs, dilettantes, hacks, cowboys, clones

The streets groan with little Caesars, Napoleons and c**ts

With their building blocks and their tiny plastic phones

Counting on their fingers, with a crumbs down their fronts

I passed by your garden, saw you with your flowers

The Camellias, Magnolias and Azaleas so sweet

And I stood there invisible in the panicking crowds

You looked so beautiful in the rising heat'

I saw him do a 'solo' gig in Bristol with Warren Ellis a few years back (http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nick-cave/2005/colston-hall-bristol-england-53d99bdd.html).

He had a Sainsbury's bag full of lyrics as I remember it!

Started with a full-on, malevolent 'West Country Girl' which I'd be very happy to see again on the Sunday...

I saw him do a 'solo' gig in Bristol with Warren Ellis a few years back (http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nick-cave/2005/colston-hall-bristol-england-53d99bdd.html).

Started with a full-on, malevolent 'West Country Girl' which I'd be very happy to see again on the Sunday...

wow jealous here!

I was there! It was amazing! And I remember the Sainsbury's bag of lyrics :)

I was so skint at the time I had to put the ticket and my coach to Bristol on my credit card. And after the gig I had to hang around until 3:30am to get my coach back to London. I remember hanging around in some dodgy student nightclub.

I'd forgotten just how incredible that setlist was actually. Rock of Gibraltar - love that song.

Looks like an absolute corker!

What if us Portisheadites are rewarded properly and both Russy and I get one and you don't? How would you like them apples, eh??

I'll just have to kill you too. I'll come up north and everything and I don't do that lightly. You're a Nick Cave newbie anyway! I definitely deserve it more than you.

Come on guys, I'm in my hour of need here. And I fell over yesterday - it hurt and everything!