Midnight Man

Nick Cave

Audience Q & As are the worst.  Endless people taking the mic to then not even ask a question but just make rambling statements about being big fans.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Racking my brain for his next moneyspinning venture after this one.

Kickboxing match with Mr Homme, streamed live on YouTube 

Just got back from a screening of Distant Sky. Highly recommended if you get a chance to see it - Nick on top form. I can't wait to see him at APE in June.

17 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

Just got back from a screening of Distant Sky. Highly recommended if you get a chance to see it - Nick on top form. I can't wait to see him at APE in June.

Hm I didn't bother because I thought it was a straight up concert film of a concert I've near enough seen but the reviews suggest a fair bit more than that is going on. I'm sure there'll be a DVD/streaming release forthcoming.

I see the band have graduated to arenas in the US as well. This late-career ascent is pretty bewildering but he's working it alright.

17 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Hm I didn't bother because I thought it was a straight up concert film of a concert I've near enough seen but the reviews suggest a fair bit more than that is going on. I'm sure there'll be a DVD/streaming release forthcoming.

I see the band have graduated to arenas in the US as well. This late-career ascent is pretty bewildering but he's working it alright.

It is just a film of the concert but very well shot and edited, the close ups show the emotions that Nick is going through which you certainly wouldn't see unless you were right at the front. It's probably the nearest to a being there film I've seen (I think that makes sense); I wanted to applaud and whoop at the end of of each song as if I was there, but with typical English reserve I managed to restrain myself but somewhat regretted it afterwards.

On 4/13/2018 at 5:38 PM, Losing my hair said:

It is just a film of the concert but very well shot and edited, the close ups show the emotions that Nick is going through which you certainly wouldn't see unless you were right at the front. It's probably the nearest to a being there film I've seen (I think that makes sense); I wanted to applaud and whoop at the end of of each song as if I was there, but with typical English reserve I managed to restrain myself but somewhat regretted it afterwards.

Having read the reviews I kind of regret going, but I just dont think I would have enjoyed it so much sat still and quiet in my seat. And considering I'd have been watching somewhere in london moving or making any noise would have been out of the question...

On 4/13/2018 at 12:11 PM, dentalplan said:

very surprised to see this jump, although it's only the NY, LA, and Toronto markets that's he's given it a go, Wash DC is a smaller one. will be interested to see how full those will be. 

2 hours ago, russycarps said:

Having read the reviews I kind of regret going, but I just dont think I would have enjoyed it so much sat still and quiet in my seat. And considering I'd have been watching somewhere in london moving or making any noise would have been out of the question...

The screening was in an 80 seat independent cinema and I felt I might be a little conspicuous; I suspect everybody else felt the same. I wonder what would have happened if one person had been brave enough to go for it?

He wasn't running, no! Just walking in a very cool manner. I said hi, he said hi back, acknowledged my baby, which probably makes her in the top 5 coolest babies on planet earth now, especially as she was deemed "nice". Talked about having seen Distant Sky, said that the setlist was immense. Talked about going to see him this summer and having seen this tour in Detroit. He liked these things, then we said taraa!

• Upvote 2