Nick Cave

Midnight Man

Never seen any tickets for sale on this, and I couldn't sell my extra ones as they were Ticketmaster (they've now gone to a friend).

These are sandbag tickets only, maybe you can get some that way from fans.

http://www.thetickettrust.com/Store/HowItWorks.html

Yeah the Radiohead gigs last year were similar to this. They were paperless tickets (not sure if the Nick Cave ones are) but the resale was all through The Ticket Trust so if you couldn't go, you could only put it back on there and get your money back and it went back on sale to other fans instantly.

Which reminds me, if they're doing the same thing as those gigs I mentioned; I had a Page Monitor app for Google Chrome that I set up to monitor the resale page. Might be worth doing for those who are unlucky. Although it'll be much different this time with 20x less tickets and 7x less time between sale and event so you'd do well to get one through there.

I think the fact it's so close to the tour dates will work in our favour. Only the devoted/obsessed/deranged will apply, which is the kind of audience they want for the film I guess.

I haven't done multiple applications as I got scared by the Ts & Cs. I think you'll need ID to pick up the ticket/get in.

I must be mad letting you guys know about this as it will reduce my chances but I feel duty-bound to inform fellow Cave fans about an extra-special London date:

http://nickcaveballot.sandbaghq.com/

Edit: typo for excitable fingers

Rebecca, thanks for the link! Much appreciated. If I manage to get tix I will be indebted to you forever!

And that could ruin the illusion. I'm guessing that Russy, like myself, has used an avatar that is more flattering than his actual picture as is the wont of internet dwellers.

I know, I prefer to imagine you both as primates.

Edit: I know humans are primates but I mean of the hairier jungle-dwelling variety.

Edited by RebeccaD

PS I was going to post the link on here as well - I've been away from emails for 3 days, so only got mine this morning - and came on here straight after applying to notice Rebecca had already done it. So therefore I am equally deserving of any spares as she. :biggrin:

So you say... ;)

I'm not sure I won't be kicking myself for posting it. Christ I'll need a lot of luck in the next week or so. I'm a nervous wreck.

What I like best about getting emails from the Nick Cave mailing list is that they come up as from 'Nick Cave'.

It's nothing to do with a mailing list. He personally took the time to email me directly!

Oh, and to be honest, I was deliberating whether to post the link and I thought, "I'm sure those two will know already," and then I realised I'd hope you would so I thought, "but I'll check anyway. And if not I'll let them know. Especially with them being southerners around that area." That is the truth - honest guv.

Every time I open my email and see him there I think 'Finally! He found me!' Tragic really...

Aww that's actually quite sweet Scruffy. I feel bad for ribbing you about Roger Waters now.

Oh, don't feel bad. I deserved every ounce of that. I'd have been the same the other way round.

Although, if you really want to show that you're sorry, I think you know what you should do. :sarcastic:

Edited to clarify for moderators and/or anyone new to the thread that this is in reference to free concert tickets and not in any way anything else it may have been misconstrued as. No need to be reporting anything to anyone! xD

:D

I don't know about *free* concert tickets either! Face value at least. I don't feel *that* bad.

Ballot now closed. So seeing as the ticket gods saw fit to give me an unreasonably bloody nose yesterday, I can only conclude that they were saving my good karma for this and it will be the best gig of my entire life. If I am unsuccessful in this too I am going to have to do something really desperate

It says on the Ts & Cs 'on or by' Friday. Reckon they'll release them in dribs and drabs to allow for the fact that some people will buy just the one ticket.

*Crosses everything*

Haha - for a second I thought you were going to say you had got tickets to that special gig and I was going to have to hate you! To be fair though you've probably earned it this week for services to disappointed posters.

He might play 'There She Goes My Beautiful World' or 'Get Ready For Love'. Reckon it will be new album heavy though and that's no bad thing. My favourites from that double album are 'Supernaturally', 'Babe You Turn Me On' and 'Hiding All Away'.

No More Shall We Part. What a treat you have in store. It's achingly beautiful from start to finish. Up there with Tender Prey as one of my favourites.

It's ballady but it's just exquisite. Every song is perfect in my eyes and I prefer it to Boatman's Call. It's more uplifting. Fifteen Feet Of Pure White Snow is quite dancey and fun (check out the video for Jarvis Cocker and Jason Donovan cameos). Oh My Lord is just insane and one of his best songs.

He often plays God Is In The House and Love Letter from that album so definitely worth a listen first.

I'm hoping he'll do rarities too. At the very least I'll get to see it in the film. How good is Saint Huck? 'See ya Huck! Good luck!' Would love to see that.

Have you explored Grinderman? Birthday Party?

So, because of you, I you tube'd 15 feet of pure right snow and Oh my lord. Because of the end of Oh my lord, my flailing arm just sent my pint of water all over my new Let love in cd.

Muppet!

(me that is)

Love it! I also love the state of Jason Donovan in that video. Great stuff.

'How have I offended thee?'

Honestly, I think the performance'll blow Glastonbury out of the water. It's just that it won't be at Glastonbury.

Best I've ever seen him was Brixton in about 2002. Utter gorgeous, scary magic.

What album was that? I first saw him on the Abbatoir Blues tour with that dodgy haircut!

For me that Glastonbury performance was on another level. But I hope it does blow it out of the water. It will be longer at least :)

Can't wait for the Saturday performance. The Glastonbury set was great, apart for the Mumford numpties sitting and playing cards by my feet, but London will be longer (of course) and if I get back to the front, great, as Grinderman was one of the best gigs I've been too, helped by being at the front, looking at Nick's red crocodile shoes, standing next to a Nick lookalike. (Does the world need another gaunt long haired man in a dodgy 70s brown 3 piece suit?)

Can't wait for the Saturday performance. The Glastonbury set was great, apart for the Mumford numpties sitting and playing cards by my feet, but London will be longer (of course) and if I get back to the front, great, as Grinderman was one of the best gigs I've been too, helped by being at the front, looking at Nick's red crocodile shoes, standing next to a Nick lookalike. (Does the world need another gaunt long haired man in a dodgy 70s brown 3 piece suit?)

I don't know - reckon there's room for a few ;) Guess I'll see you down the front.

I listened to No More Shall We Part today - was like a soothing balm to my troubled head. Forgot to give honourable mentions to 'Sweetheart Come', 'My Sorrowful Wife' and 'As I Sat Sadly By Her Side'. More YouTube homework for Scruffy!

I just looked at setlist and see the last of their own gigs was April, then they had a summer of festivals. I reckon when the tour restarts they will shake up the setlist a bit.

Hopefully they drop the "greatest hits" like deanna, tupelo, red right hand, but I fear it's more likely jack the ripper/from her to eternity/papa wont leave you henry could be the ones to go. (even though we did get those at glastonbury, apart from papa)

Exciting to think we could get 3 or 4 "new" songs.

My (wild) guesses are we will get do you love me, brother my cup is empty, mercy and loverman. Based on nothing at all!

Out of the slower songs, my bet is Hallelujah and darker with the day.

what are your wild guesses??