Nick Cave

Midnight Man

7 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Sweet, cheers. Just picked one up on Seetickets. After you said the other day that more had been released I checked Ticketmaster and there were none on there so I assumed they'd just sold out straight away.

Word of warning to anyone else; when I was checking out it said lead booker will need to be present and there'll be photo ID checks.

Released some more standing tickets the other day.

Ah right. Hopefully they all get snapped up. I didnt think they'd sell out all the seats, fair play to them.

12 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Yeah it sold out pretty quickly too if I remember correctly. Didn't think they were big enough to even attempt the biggest arenas nevermind sell out the O2 quickly.

I think it helps that they are doing relatively few dates on this tour, compared to previous ones. Just one London date and only five UK dates in total is quite a step down from the PTSA away tour, which I remember being a lot more. Three dates at Hammersmith Apollo at least.

Also, holy fuck, check out these posts from "Vanessa" on the tour dates page:

http://www.nickcave.com/news/uk-european-tour-2017-announced-2/

Guess no one is monitoring that!

7 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I think it helps that they are doing relatively few dates on this tour, compared to previous ones. Just one London date and only five UK dates in total is quite a step down from the PTSA away tour, which I remember being a lot more. Three dates at Hammersmith Apollo at least.

Also, holy fuck, check out these posts from "Vanessa" on the tour dates page:

http://www.nickcave.com/news/uk-european-tour-2017-announced-2/

Guess no one is monitoring that!

Huh am I missing something?? Can't see any mention of Vanessa

1 hour ago, russycarps said:

Huh am I missing something?? Can't see any mention of Vanessa

Huh that's weird - are you looking on mobile? When I was on desktop earlier I scrolled down to the comments section at the bottom of the page and there were multiple messages from a woman named Vanessa about how she'd fucked Nick Cave in Athens in 1994. And how his manager back then raped her or something. Quite incoherent but surprising they'd left it up. Or maybe it's been taken down now.

20 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Huh that's weird - are you looking on mobile? When I was on desktop earlier I scrolled down to the comments section at the bottom of the page and there were multiple messages from a woman named Vanessa about how she'd fucked Nick Cave in Athens in 1994. And how his manager back then raped her or something. Quite incoherent but surprising they'd left it up. Or maybe it's been taken down now.

She also seems to say that Nick Cave raped her whilst simultaneously saying that she consensually had sex with him.

"Nick Cave i love you, i woud like to make love with you again like in 1994 in athens but in better. Please phone me. I will be sweet and docile to you i promise. I need you Nick Cave."

Followed by:

"It's funny when Nick Cave and other stars shout against Trump, when themselves they have raped me and insulted me horribly, threatened me publicly , when i came just to give them a draw"

Followed by:

"Nick CAVE ASKED ME TO MAKE LOVE WITH HIM AND I SAID YES, he didn't raped me in 1994 in Athens , it was mutual consent"

Unless by that middle comment she was just saying that the others raped her and worded it badly. Very strange, anyway.

Ah yes I see now I'm at work, it doesnt show on mobile. 

Poor woman. Who knows what the truth of the matter is, but talk of killing and torture doesn't help her credibility. Hopefully she finds peace somehow.

As for the Israel issue, I have sympathy for the BDS movement, but I don't think nick cave and the bad seeds have ever set themselves up as moral crusaders or having any particular social conscience so I dont see them playing as being hypocritical. Radiohead on the other hand I think were on more shaky ground...