Nick Cave

Midnight Man

So... I have made a little Nick Cave summer festival tour. I have seen him at Glastonbury for the first time and was blown away, so I followed him to Pohoda Festival at Slovakia, then at Sziget Festival in Budapest, Hungary a was able to touch him at FM 4 Frequency festival in Austria. Great summer I have to say :)

1170777_10201147629807295_1406756644_n.j

Edited by ChewieDC

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting article on Nick Cave's 10 best lyrics here:

http://thelineofbestfit.com/features/lists/the-ten-best-nick-cave-lyrics-137079

I would find it impossible to narrow it down to 10 but I'm very pleased to see Time Jesum Transeuntem Et Non Revertenum in there. That's actually one of my favourite songs, if only for the heart-breaking violin solo.

Good to see Supernaturally too.

Interesting article on Nick Cave's 10 best lyrics here:

http://thelineofbestfit.com/features/lists/the-ten-best-nick-cave-lyrics-137079

I would find it impossible to narrow it down to 10 but I'm very pleased to see Time Jesum Transeuntem Et Non Revertenum in there. That's actually one of my favourite songs, if only for the heart-breaking violin solo.

Good to see Supernaturally too.

interesting, but I suspect that fellow isnt that big a fan. Far too many "hits" in that list. Tupelo, Red Right Hand, Ship Song, Mercy Seat, Wild Roses....plus 2 off the new one. Then at the end an unusual choice, but seems a bit too obviously obscure for me. He probably only knows about it from his X-files album anyway, rather than the B-sides one.

I conclude that nick groom is a tit

interesting, but I suspect that fellow isnt that big a fan. Far too many "hits" in that list. Tupelo, Red Right Hand, Ship Song, Mercy Seat, Wild Roses....plus 2 off the new one. Then at the end an unusual choice, but seems a bit too obviously obscure for me. He probably only knows about it from his X-files album anyway, rather than the B-sides one.

I conclude that nick groom is a tit

You're probably right. And I fell for it! :D

No More Shall We Part and The Boatman's Call are glaring omissions. Possibly some of his best lyrics on those.

• 2 weeks later...

I know, I'm just too much of a nice person clearly.

I'm scared now - not only do I have to worry about getting Glastonbury tickets but Nick Cave tickets in the same week. If any of you get lucky and I don't you have to give the second ticket to me.

I also have to decide if I can justify spending another £40 on the man.

do you think people are going to be making a million email accounts and entering over and over and over and over?

I know what you mean, it's way close to the other gigs and it's not like hammersmith is an arena. I would prefer somewhere even smaller than koko to justify another £45 or whatever it will end up being. I've not been there for ages, but it's not THAT tiny there is it?

do you think people are going to be making a million email accounts and entering over and over and over and over?

I know what you mean, it's way close to the other gigs and it's not like hammersmith is an arena. I would prefer somewhere even smaller than koko to justify another £45 or whatever it will end up being. I've not been there for ages, but it's not THAT tiny there is it?

Well, I was thinking about doing that...

I haven't been to Koko at all I don't think but you're right it's not exactly intimate. I would prefer The Forum or the 100 club or something.

That said I won't be able to stop myself. Is four times in one year excessive?

Well I didn't know there was a documentary film in the works, looking forward to that. Sadly I doubt I could get down there so I won't be entering but good luck to all that do.

It sounds really interesting and the couple behind it did a great talking heads style film for the Tender Prey re-issue. They're proper fans. Never got round to getting the other re-issues - I'm not made of money Mr Cave!

Never seen any tickets for sale on this, and I couldn't sell my extra ones as they were Ticketmaster (they've now gone to a friend).

These are sandbag tickets only, maybe you can get some that way from fans.

http://www.thetickettrust.com/Store/HowItWorks.html