Nick Cave

Midnight Man

39 minutes ago, majormajormajor said:

Green Man?

Way too big, surely? Don’t recall them ever having arena headliners among their top acts.

I think with Glastonbury not on and uncertainty surrounding existing and potential festivals, it’s really hard to predict acts like Nick for next summer. I guess a lot of acts are gonna do their own major shows - wonder if that’s possible for these.

Not a traditional festival but I’d imagine he’s likely for the 6 Music Fest due to happen in Belfast on Spring Bank. Not that is much use to us mainlanders but will be nice on the red button.

2 hours ago, russycarps said:

Could he do that citadel festival? No idea on the capacity.

Would love him to do that fancy blackheath one!

All the Victoria Park festivals use the same stage and set up if I’m not mistaken. Not sure on size but I would guess around 20k?

My money’s on The National for Citadel anyway.

2 hours ago, russycarps said:

wow let's hope this happens!

might have to ditch a couple of slow ones they're doing on this tour for an outside gig though, I reckon.

I think so too. They said no to all festivals this year while Skeleton Tree was new so I think next year when they're back outdoors it'll be more of a typical setlist with 3 or 4 off of that traded for old classics.

6 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah I'd be well up for it. Stick Patti on the bill just below and they can then fly to Ireland together after.

Yo if any efesters want to meet up at the Nick Cave + Patti Smith Viccy Park if it happens, then look out for me, I'll be the one foaming at the mouth.

Edited by GETOFFAMYLAWN

Show finished 3 hours ago and I'm still under impression. This has to be the best show I've ever been to (and I saw Cave 3 times already including 3+ hours show in 2008).

THAT Jubilee Street performance, fucking hell, I cried at the concert for the first time in my life and I'm 27. 

Edited by Nicklord

• 2 weeks later...

Just been looking at the setlist website. It's been the exact same setlist for every single night of this tour by the looks of things, with no changes whatsoever.

By the end of this tour they will be utterly sick of stagger lee, red right hand, into my arms, tupelo et al so hopefully on the next tour all these songs will be binned off and we can look forward to something a bit different. 

Edited by russycarps

50 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Just been looking at the setlist website. It's been the exact same setlist for every single night of this tour by the looks of things, with no changes whatsoever.

By the end of this tour they will be utterly sick of stagger lee, red right hand, into my arms, tupelo et al so hopefully on the next tour all these songs will be binned off and we can look forward to something a bit different. 

Made sense all them being in the set with the latest greatest hits album being released earlier in the year, it'd be nice to get some deeper cuts next time though.

Ended up dueting with him one on one while he sang Push The Sky Away in Berlin a fortnight ago.  Very special moment for me.

The perfect way to end my run of gigs on the Skeleton Tree tour that took me to New York, Glasgow, Amsterdam and Berlin. Some of the best gigs I've seen. 

Edited by MichaelsBeard
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

9 hours ago, MichaelsBeard said:

Ended up dueting with him one on one while he sang Push The Sky Away in Berlin a fortnight ago.  Very special moment for me.

The perfect way to end my run of gigs on the Skeleton Tree tour that took me to New York, Glasgow, Amsterdam and Berlin. Some of the best gigs I've seen. 

is it on youtube?

2 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Well shit! And that's really close to my birthday too. AND I see someone suggesting portishead for the Saturday!

What a weekend!

I know! I'm also really hoping Patti Smith will support as it's the same week (I think) as that Irish gig they're doing together. Would be incredible.

I'm not sure what happened with it, but it was like they put it up prematurely and then took it down or something. So hopefully it will be announced soon. 

Happy birthday to you!

Speaking of birthdays I just got that Cave graphic novel for mine. It's gorgeous.

4 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I know! I'm also really hoping Patti Smith will support as it's the same week (I think) as that Irish gig they're doing together. Would be incredible.

I'm not sure what happened with it, but it was like they put it up prematurely and then took it down or something. So hopefully it will be announced soon. 

Happy birthday to you!

Speaking of birthdays I just got that Cave graphic novel for mine. It's gorgeous.

Yep, patti in support would be something else. Dare we dream??

I meant my birthday is in June, but thanks for the early wishes :D

Happy birthday to you too, I'm getting that book for Christmas, glad to hear it's good, been dying to get it early tho!

6 hours ago, russycarps said:

Yep, patti in support would be something else. Dare we dream??

I meant my birthday is in June, but thanks for the early wishes :D

Happy birthday to you too, I'm getting that book for Christmas, glad to hear it's good, been dying to get it early tho!

I knew that you meant in June, was just getting in early :)

The book looks beautiful!