Nick Cave

Midnight Man

• 2 weeks later...

Changed my stance on gig phone photography recently, was well against it whereas now, although I don't take them, it's all our gig who am I to tell others what to do. Well Nick and the lads love them and want people's sent in, I rate this is a really cool thing to do, a better stance than the short lived 'take peoples phone off them' stance http://www.nickcave.com/news/nick-cave-bad-seeds-live-photos/

Nick Cave and Patti Smith next year in Dublin!!

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds have announced their first Irish date in ten years.

They will play the Royal Hospital, Kilmainham on Wednesday June 6, 2018, before heading off on a tour of European concert and festival slots.

The band has been touring the UK since September and garnering stellar reviews for the show, which follows the release of new album Skeleton Tree.

Patti Smith and her band will support on the night and it is the first time they've shared the same bill.

Tickets on sale Monday October 23 at 9am.

12 minutes ago, tjamest said:

They will play the Royal Hospital, Kilmainham on Wednesday June 6, 2018, before heading off on a tour of European concert and festival slots.

The band has been touring the UK since September and garnering stellar reviews for the show, which follows the release of new album Skeleton Tree.

Patti Smith and her band will support on the night and it is the first time they've shared the same bill.

Christ what an incredible bill. Wish I could justify going. Bet it will cost an absolute bomb - and it's on a bloody Wednesday...

Wonder what festival slots they'll be looking at...

1 hour ago, tjamest said:

Bloody hellfire, that's a pairing and a half.

Imagine they could be a repeat Latitude booking if still poking around Europe for the rest of the summer. Not sure where else he would suit in the UK for the size he currently is.

On a personal curiosity, does anyone happen to know what attendance figures were for the O2 show? I know it was around 9200 in Glasgow.

Edited by DownboundTrain52

16 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Patti only headlined that place a couple of years back, right?

She did yeah. At a mini sort of festival. Weather was horrific so they had to move the gig into one of the tents. 

Saw her in New York a couple of weeks back. She was as good as ever. Best gig of hers I've seen. 

Someone very nicely recorded the whole gig. Obvious hits aside, Wing at 3 mins 50 was fucking outstanding. 

5 hours ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Imagine they could be a repeat Latitude booking if still poking around Europe for the rest of the summer. Not sure where else he would suit in the UK for the size he currently is.

One one hand I'm temped to go and have a few days in and around Dublin, on the other hand i don't really want to fork out and then find that they are both playing together nearer home.

Edited by tjamest

1 hour ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

On a personal curiosity, does anyone happen to know what attendance figures were for the O2 show? I know it was around 9200 in Glasgow.

20k isnt it?

3 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Christ what an incredible bill. Wish I could justify going. Bet it will cost an absolute bomb - and it's on a bloody Wednesday...

Wonder what festival slots they'll be looking at...

Could he do that citadel festival? No idea on the capacity.

Would love him to do that fancy blackheath one!

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

She did yeah. At a mini sort of festival. Weather was horrific so they had to move the gig into one of the tents. 

Saw her in New York a couple of weeks back. She was as good as ever. Best gig of hers I've seen. 

Someone very nicely recorded the whole gig. Obvious hits aside, Wing at 3 mins 50 was fucking outstanding. 

That’s excellent, cheers.

As spellbinding performers go, it should be a magnificent little twofer there. Hope we’re as lucky over here.

1 minute ago, russycarps said:

Could he do that citadel festival? No idea on the capacity.

Would love him to do that fancy blackheath one!

Posh knob!

18 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

BST? It's horrifically commercial but I could just about see the Bad Seeds doing it. Sadly. Or Latitude again? Would give me an excuse to finally go.

Not a chance he'd sell BST out after he's just done an arena tour unless the supports are massive. I think Latitude is the one he'll be at, or, potentially IOW as they're now under Live Nation.