Nick Cave

Midnight Man

VERY VERY EXCITED about tomorrow night :D 

One question, has the graphic novel been available on the Merch stall?

Bought it for me girlfriend's birthday, which is this Sunday. Absolutely amazed she hasn't found out it exists yet as we're both massive fans, but obv if it's at the gig she'll see it and want to buy it, haha...

Since we got tickets we've been listening to all his albums in order from Boys Next Door, just made it, listening to Skeleton Tree tonight! From Tender Prey onwards they're all pretty solid, not heard a lot of them as albums before so it's been a great journey :)

Not seen him at a 'normal' gig before, but seen him three times headlining Latitude, subbing Mumfords (absolutely incredible shocked atmosphere), and at the Koko gig which he filmed for 10000 days. So yeah, looking forward to a long set of absolute monsters :D

14 hours ago, jparx said:

Bloody phenomenal show in Notts last night. After seeing Radiohead x2, Flips, The National and Cave in the space of a few months I genuinely feel like I've seen my top 5 gigs ever in one go!

Get yourself a ticket to The Kooks reunion tour to balance things out a bit. 

I almost have no words for how good that was. Fucking hell. That's how you play an arena, lads. Right up there with the best times I've seen them.

The news songs absolutely floored me and the old songs sounded immense. The sound was incredible, the view was great, Nick was on perfect form, even the crowd were decent. Managed to feel really intimate and special. Quite a feat in that aircraft hangar. Also realised how bloody much I've missed them.

• Upvote 2

Just heading home from the o2 show. Mesmerising. Didn’t feel like you were in an arena, was almost intimate. Phenomenal sound, phenomenal band, one of the best front men in the business with a voice to die for.

I never felt they were Glastonbury headline material before. I’ve changed my mind.  Jubilee Street live is fucking immense. The songs from Skeleton Tree achingly beautiful.  

Brilliant Concert. 

• Upvote 1

Just got on my National Express. That was absolutely ridiculous, best night of my life.

After he'd got all the people on stage I lost track of where he was. Then the guy with me shouted "He's in the fucking crowd!" and then the crowd in front of me opened up a path for him to get to the barrier and I was just stood in front of him and shit myself. Didn't really know what to do so quickly hugged him and grabbed his arse to boost him up to the barrier where I held him for a verse of Stagger Lee whilst he sang about fucking guys and shooting them in the head whilst staring down at me. Terrifying stuff.

Absolutely fucking amazing, though. I'm so baffled by tonight.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Just got on my National Express. That was absolutely ridiculous, best night of my life.

After he'd got all the people on stage I lost track of where he was. Then the guy with me shouted "He's in the fucking crowd!" and then the crowd in front of me opened up a path for him to get to the barrier and I was just stood in front of him and shit myself. Didn't really know what to do so quickly hugged him and grabbed his arse to boost him up to the barrier where I held him for a verse of Stagger Lee whilst he sang about fucking guys and shooting them in the head whilst staring down at me. Terrifying stuff.

Absolutely fucking amazing, though. I'm so baffled by tonight.

What a great story! So chuffed for you :)

Insane gig. They just got better, which is the opposite of what bands are supposed to do with age.

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

What a great story! So chuffed for you :)

Insane gig. They just got better, which is the opposite of what bands are supposed to do with age.

Yeah it was absolutely amazing. I think Jubilee Street and Stagger Lee are the best live songs I've ever seen, which was also the case last time I saw them in 2013. The ending of Jubilee Street live is absolutely ridiculous. I was with a couple of people from on here who hadn't seen it live before and were baffled by it.

1 minute ago, When Jokers Attack said:

Bobby Gillespie ended up on stage??

Still not 100% sure if it was him or not, but no he was in the seated area and Nick made a beeline for him, like he knew he was there. And he sang a line of Push The Sky Away with his arm around him. Normally find Gillespie a ballbag but it was a good moment.

Just now, Will-2609 said:

Yeah it was absolutely amazing. I think Jubilee Street and Stagger Lee are the best live songs I've ever seen, which was also the case last time I saw them in 2013. The ending of Jubilee Street live is absolutely ridiculous. I was with a couple of people from on here who hadn't seen it live before and were baffled by it.

I know right? The wall of sound the Bad Seeds create is just something else. And then to switch from that to something so beautiful and heartbreaking... I was trembling with emotion at times.