Nick Cave

Midnight Man

On a similar note to the above (not the kid, the PTSA discussion), I really don't like the song Push the Sky Away and am always surprised at the love it gets on here, along with the desire for it to be played live. I can't even remember what it was like live when I saw him. The album on the whole is good but I just don't like that song at all.

Skeleton Tree, however, is all banger no clanger.

10 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

On a similar note to the above (not the kid, the PTSA discussion), I really don't like the song Push the Sky Away and am always surprised at the love it gets on here, along with the desire for it to be played live. I can't even remember what it was like live when I saw him. The album on the whole is good but I just don't like that song at all.

Skeleton Tree, however, is all banger no clanger.

I thought it was brill at Glastonbury, really atmospheric.

Fully agree with everything said above.  PTSA is a good album but it really really came alive for me when I saw most of it at Open'er '13 (possibly '14, can't remember)

I'm also with Mardy on Skeleton Tree. I think I need to give it a few more listens as I'm certainly in the minority!

Edited by TomViolence

On 01/21/2017 at 11:32 AM, Scruffylovemonster said:

Did you see the film? Just wondering if that makes a difference, as for me the film did add something. Talking about his voice, the words, the writing process etc. Plus it's a great film anyway. anyone with even a passing interest in Nick Cave should see it.

Ah fair enough, I'll give it a go this week! :)

I already  had this as my album of 2016 but I lost a family member today so it's all been given new meaning, just wanted to bump this thread if anything because I think Skeleton Tree is such a beautiful experience everyone should experience it multiple times even if it is really hard at parts.

Yes I am pretty drunk and I'll probably cringe seeing this tomorrow but apparently one of my ways of dealing with grief is posting on an Internet site in the early hours. Sorry if it's inappropriate  ahah...

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, priest17 said:

I already  had this as my album of 2016 but I lost a family member today so it's all been given new meaning, just wanted to bump this thread if anything because I think Skeleton Tree is such a beautiful experience everyone should experience it multiple times even if it is really hard at parts.

Yes I am pretty drunk and I'll probably cringe seeing this tomorrow but apparently one of my ways of dealing with grief is posting on an Internet site in the early hours. Sorry if it's inappropriate  ahah...

Sending warm thoughts your way man.

4 minutes ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

Depending on dates, this could give us actual hope of Nick Cave in the traditional 'Nick Cave slot' right?  That'd be awesome.  Nick Cave before Ed Sheeran would be amazing scenes. :D

He's playing in America over Glastonbury weekend so won't be there sadly 

Edited by rhg_99

Well, that was a bit of a rollercoaster - from tour imminent to just DVD advertising in 0 to 60. What I would say is that poster doesn't look much like the promotional campaign for the film release.

If they do squeeze in some UK dates, it'll have to be Feb, March, April or early May I guess. Otherwise we're looking at other end of the US tour ie. ages away. Not much time to promote and sell tickets - not that I think they'll have much of a problem doing that.

7 minutes ago, Jobseeker said:

Oh lawd! How hard is it to get bad seeds tickets normally? I don't think I could bear to miss this, especially without the safety net of a Glastonbury appearance. 

I've never found it particularly difficult to get Bad Seeds tickets for a normal gig (as opposed to a special one-off or a fanclub gig or something). I think the price tends to put people off as they're usually at least £50, as discussed above.

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I've never found it particularly difficult to get Bad Seeds tickets for a normal gig (as opposed to a special one-off or a fanclub gig or something). I think the price tends to put people off as they're usually at least £50, as discussed above.

Ah that's good, I have been jittery about not getting these after the disaster for me that was the RTJ Roundhouse sale. £50 is definitely justifiable, I have never seen the big man before, ST is my album of the year, + stagger lee live. 

In terms of dates, Twitter seems to believe that The Bad Seeds are playing Ejekt Festival in Eastern Europe (Greece I think) around late July. In addition, they've been confirmed for Israel.

So, we're probably looking at a two month jaunt across Europe - July and August? I'd wager UK dates to fall mid August then.