Nick Cave

Midnight Man

5 hours ago, rhg_99 said:

yeah I've never managed to catch him either so am eagerly anticipating any sort of European tour announcement. I agree its a stunning set list.

Iggy was great, was at the front for the whole thing too! Hoping he turns up at the farm in June :D 

That set list is the stuff of Christmas presents.

5 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Off topic, but I'd also love to see Iggy at the farm! :)

That makes three of us!

3 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

He tends to play Manchester doesn't he? Yorkshire wise he could play Leeds or Sheffield academy size wise. 

Eh, really don't like Sheffield Academy. That's also the same size as Memorial and City Hall so rather see that one instead.

As for Leeds, we really don't have a decent 2,500 plus venue, outside of the arena. I feel the Academy is a bit small for the Bad Seeds. If he did, I would be there like a shot.

1 minute ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Drunken memories tell me it's bigger than Albert hall. And also bands that play both venues aren't really comparable. Saw black keys on brothers tour at Leeds academy and they were at Apollo next time I saw them. Seen James, primal scream, manics (normal tour) eels and others I can't think of off top of my head at academy. Can't see any of them playing Albert hall. Sadly. 

Wo, I searched it and Leeds Academy is over 4x the capacity of Albert Hall, weird because Albert Hall feels pretty big. I would've said it's a 1k+ venue but it turns out only 500.

Just now, Scruffylovemonster said:

OK so that was what drunken memory told me. Google tells me Leeds academy is 2300 and Apollo is 3500. 

I'm now thinking I might go to Grandaddy or Laura Marling at the Albert Hall, having googled it. I'm circling the overdraft rn, I cannot afford the frivolous thinking!

5 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Albert hall the building with the downstairs bar etc is fairly big but if you think about it the gig room as soon as you walk in you're fairly near the stage. Probably as close as being on the dance floor at Leeds academy. 

Have you been to anything at the converted Halo yet? That could be a good venue if they've taken steps to make it not too echoey, sight lines may not be great though, but these are things that haven't done much to ruin some of the amazing gigs I've seen in Manchester Cathedral.

Just now, Scruffylovemonster said:

Sorry I'm old - and drunk - so I don't know what you mean.

Halo, the nightclub inside an old church on Woodhouse Lane, has just been converted into a gig venue. They've got The Jesus & Mary Chain and British Sea Power in the near future.

1 hour ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Similar set list yesterday but four songs less and ordered differently

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nick-cave-and-the-bad-seeds/2017/north-gardens-ballarat-australia-33f89481.html

Didn't even really register Nobody's Baby Now the other day. Bloody hell, that's a strong addition. Wonder why the fewer songs in this setlist though.

Been listening to Skeleton Tree and PTSA this afternoon at work. Going to be glorious. If they pull their finger out and announce it. And not in early October please, thank you. 

+1 for Brixton as London venue that would be class

those setlists looking great, only seen them once at G before MUMFORD and been dying to to see them since. Skeleton tree really has grown on me despite not liking it as much to begin with for some reason. Also loving the random Brit nomination

Edited by mungo57

I'm hugely excited by the skeleton tree stuff, but they've done a lot of those other songs to death now. They have such a massive back catalogue that it's a bit disappointing to see mercy seat, red right hand, into my arms, stagger lee tupelo, ship song....they've all been ever present for years now. I was hoping they would build a new set list to compliment the new album. I guess they just don't have time to rehearse a load of new stuff so just stick with what they know

9 minutes ago, russycarps said:

I'm hugely excited by the skeleton tree stuff, but they've done a lot of those other songs to death now. They have such a massive back catalogue that it's a bit disappointing to see mercy seat, red right hand, into my arms, stagger lee tupelo, ship song....they've all been ever present for years now. I was hoping they would build a new set list to compliment the new album. I guess they just don't have time to rehearse a load of new stuff so just stick with what they know

Yeah I do agree with you, much as I love those songs. From Her to Eternity and Nobody's Baby Now can stay though. But it'd be good to see some more rarities or lesser played stuff, or actually just more from skeleton tree.

20 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Ordinarily I'd agree with you. But I think the stuff on Skeleton Tree will be powerful and brilliant but also pretty draining as a live experience potentially. Some of the old familiar poppy numbers will complement them will in this context IMO.