Nick Cave

Midnight Man

Got tickets to the Melbourne gig of this the other day:

Nick Cave will visit Australia and New Zealand in November and December 2014 to perform a series of rare solo concerts. Supported by a small ensemble of musicians Nick will be presenting songs from right across his considerable catalogue, including from the stunning 2013 Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds release ‘Push The Sky Away’ which achieved pole position in the Australian and New Zealand charts (and five other countries). The record has since collected numerous accolades in Cave's homeland including gold sales status and two ARIA Awards (for Best Independent Release and Best Adult Contemporary Album).

"The aim is to try to create a unique show for Australia - something special and out of the ordinary" NICK CAVE

Got tickets to the Melbourne gig of this the other day:

Nick Cave will visit Australia and New Zealand in November and December 2014 to perform a series of rare solo concerts. Supported by a small ensemble of musicians Nick will be presenting songs from right across his considerable catalogue, including from the stunning 2013 Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds release ‘Push The Sky Away’ which achieved pole position in the Australian and New Zealand charts (and five other countries). The record has since collected numerous accolades in Cave's homeland including gold sales status and two ARIA Awards (for Best Independent Release and Best Adult Contemporary Album).

"The aim is to try to create a unique show for Australia - something special and out of the ordinary" NICK CAVE

I'm super-jealous. Have an awesome time.

I'm feeling very bitter as I'm in Australia in September, when Nick Cave is playing here, and not in Australia in November and December when he is playing there. I would have loved to squeeze in some Cave action down under. As it were.

First world problems.

Blimey.

It might be a little late to announce but I wonder if they might do a show or small tour here before heading out to Australia. More than enough room in the diary.

I do hope so. I just hope it isn't when I'm in Australia too, otherwise I'll start to think he's avoiding me, which would obviously be ridiculous.

Edit: have you seen them yet, dentalplan? I seem to remember you hadn't and wanted to. Did you see them at the fest last year?

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

I was going to buy tickets to this but they released them early to people with a Barbican membership (which costs £40) essentially all the tickets were sold out before none Barbican members could purchase them. Buying a membership would have priced me out of the gig anyway.

Also not very pleased to see that there is no screening in fucking Brighton of all places to not have one!

I was going to buy tickets to this but they released them early to people with a Barbican membership (which costs £40) essentially all the tickets were sold out before none Barbican members could purchase them. Buying a membership would have priced me out of the gig anyway.

Also not very pleased to see that there is no screening in fucking Brighton of all places to not have one!

Really? That's pretty surprising.

I'm gutted I can't go, but I'm going to the Somerset House screening, which should be awesome. If it doesn't piss down with rain, which it probably will.

I do hope so. I just hope it isn't when I'm in Australia too, otherwise I'll start to think he's avoiding me, which would obviously be ridiculous.

Edit: have you seen them yet, dentalplan? I seem to remember you hadn't and wanted to. Did you see them at the fest last year?

Nah. I went for Smashing Pumpkins instead, though I did enjoy that. Only started getting interested in Cave after checking out PTSA and all the one north England date had sold out by then so now I'd just settle for any UK gig. :P

Nah. I went for Smashing Pumpkins instead, though I did enjoy that. Only started getting interested in Cave after checking out PTSA and all the one north England date had sold out by then so now I'd just settle for any UK gig. :P

Ah, yes. It's a shame you missed the tour last year, it was a cracker. Would love them to do a little one-off London date as a warm-up or something.

Ah but everything's so much more expensive in London cos everything's so much better and the people are superior and the streets are lined with gold and chocolate so you get so much more than us northerners and it's all worth it, no?

And you all get paid so much so you can afford it.

A.DmmHgLinda's

That's west london and west-londoners your thinking of.

£20 to see it in Leeds. £20 for the pictures sounds scandalous, but reckon I'll be there with bells on.

May end up with multiple posts via the phone, but where did you get the Leeds tickets from? I can't find a link, and my preferred place for Bradford isn't displaying them yet.

Sorry russy I don't understand your post. What does west London mean?

Once the m1's crossed the m25 it's all That London. And then eventually Brighton.

Derby, London, France is how I see it, with Paris 1 stop further on the line from Wimbledon?

Not got them yet but on sale on everyman cinema website. 30 out of 120 gone as of yesterday.

Thanks.