Nick Cave

Midnight Man

Pyramid does not - repeat, NOT - equate to the V Festival.

Billy Bragg would NEVER play the V-Festival. V-Festival would NEVER allow for Mali musicians to open proceedings each day. And, most of all, NEVER IN A THOUSAND YEARS would you EVER see CHARITY videos between bands at V-Festival.

I realised this year that the Pyramid Stage is the place where I can have my cake and eat it. There I can see some pretty huge acts yet still bask in the Glastonbury counter-culture glory.

Also, though I've never been to V-Festival, I'm sure they dream of replicating the MAGIC of a PYRAMID HEADLINER.

Have never been to V-Festival as well but completely agree with all of this. Does the Pyramid stage have the Virgin Mobile logo plastered on the front? No, it has Greenpeace, Oxfam and Water Aid, and this is the main difference.

On the subject of V Festival, I'm surprised to see Seasick Steve playing.

I don't think you can say any of the stages at Glastonbury completely represent other festivals because there are always exceptions to the rule. I mean, Billy Bragg at V Festival? Portishead at Reading or T?

I don't think I agree with that. I was in that Pyramid crowd a fair bit this year and don't consider myself 'V'.

I think of the Pyramid crowd as quite a good cross-section of festival goers to be hones

I'm sorry, but that's not your decision to make.

You have no choice now but to book tickets to V festival, be down the front for rhianna and buy all your clothes at urban outfitters

Boom! That'll be a stick for me then! After the horrid Glasto clash I felt guilty for buying a ticket to see the Pumpkins.....now I can even things out and catch Nick Cave without even leaving my town ;)

Happy to be of help! When you see Nick, you will weep to think you chose Pumpkins over him. Weep I tell you!

Can I just add, that ths year I witnessed.....

Rolling Stones..... <<< cherry >>>

Nick cave....... <<< cherry >>>

Portishead.... <<< cherry >>>

<<<JACKPOT!>>>

Yep, I think i reeally hit the jackpot this year, 3 of the finest performances I have ever seen at Glasto, and two of those were on the Pyramid Stage. Can't see how that can be topped for a long while to come

Yep, I think i reeally hit the jackpot this year, 3 of the finest performances I have ever seen at Glasto, and two of those were on the Pyramid Stage. Can't see how that can be topped for a long while to come

I can second that three of the finest performances thing but replacing Portishead with Chic. It was a vintage year for music.

The more I think about that Cave performance (and I do, a lot) the more I think it was the best I've seen him.

Buggeration, I'm really really giving this some intense thought. Is he likely to play the UK again in the near future?

Are you just away that week? Because I think the tour extends beyond that into the next one. Mind you, most dates will be sold out by now.

My instinct is that he probably will do some dates next year, even if it's just a couple of one-offs. When he's touring he seems to stay on the road for ages.

Buggeration, I'm really really giving this some intense thought. Is he likely to play the UK again in the near future?

He'll defo do some more london shows at least in the near future I'd say, probably some in smaller, unusual venues I think. Problem is that tickets will be hard to come by.

Wouldnt surprise me if they played the royal albert hall either.

I dont think I'd cancel a holiday.

He'll defo do some more london shows at least in the near future I'd say, probably some in smaller, unusual venues I think. Problem is that tickets will be hard to come by.

Wouldnt surprise me if they played the royal albert hall either.

I dont think I'd cancel a holiday.

Yes, that's what I think too. Would love to see him in the Royal Albert Hall as missed the last one there. But he does have a history of playing little theatres in the capital.

Russy, did you try and get tickets for that February gig at the theatre here? I couldn't get near it and it broke my heart, especially as it was the first outing of PTSA. All the tickets went to press I think. I queued outside for three hours in the snow to get a touted ticket and the no joy! Guest list queue was huge though :(

Glasto more than made up for it though :)

Yes, that's what I think too. Would love to see him in the Royal Albert Hall as missed the last one there. But he does have a history of playing little theatres in the capital.

Russy, did you try and get tickets for that February gig at the theatre here? I couldn't get near it and it broke my heart, especially as it was the first outing of PTSA. All the tickets went to press I think. I queued outside for three hours in the snow to get a touted ticket and the no joy! Guest list queue was huge though :(

Glasto more than made up for it though :)

I cant remember if I did actually, but I definitely didnt queue up like you did, that is excellent commitment to the cause!

Did you go to the book signing he did in piccadilly circus when that bunny monro book came out? Saddest thing I've ever done in my life but it had to be done...

have you seen the setlists they've done at festivals since glastonbury? Well better than the one we got....

I desperately want them to play stranger than kindness in october

I cant remember if I did actually, but I definitely didnt queue up like you did, that is excellent commitment to the cause!

Did you go to the book signing he did in piccadilly circus when that bunny monro book came out? Saddest thing I've ever done in my life but it had to be done...

have you seen the setlists they've done at festivals since glastonbury? Well better than the one we got....

I desperately want them to play stranger than kindness in october

Excellent commitment to the cause that got me nowhere! I was so depressed when I finally gave in and went home. Only ticket I heard going was £300!!

I didn't go to that but I went to a reading/Q&A thing where he did a book signing at Royal Festival Hall. That's the third time I've 'met' him and I always come across like a loser.

What's on the setlists? I'll have to have a look.

I'm hoping for 'Stranger' too. Going twice must boost my chances! :)

i fucking hate you nme.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Their article said 10am onsale for Brighton, I like the cun* that I evidently am believed them and logged in to the Dome's website at 09:45 to find that standing and all the good seats are sold out.

ARSEHOLES! w*nkERS! HEATHENS!

I have written a horribly worded email of complaint demanding an apology and emailed it to every email address that was on their contacts page I am that annoyed lol :(

Ditch Tupelo? Wash your mouth out, sir!

They'd better not ditch FHTE...

Have they been doing Water's Edge? Would love to see that.

ha I love Tupelo but have seen it so many times now! I'd happily ditch it for something rarer.

Water's Edge they played earlier in the year, but not since March it seems (same goes for stranger than kindness..)

I guess by October they will shake up the set list again so hopefully those ones will be back in the mix