Nick Cave

Midnight Man

Wasn't it just? Can't stop playing it over in my head. What I loved too was that he lulled them into a false sense of security with a gentle start before that outro to Jubilee Street and From Her To Eternity.

I'd love to see him headline but where? Not a fan of Other and I think he would dwarf it. He needs to headline Pyramid really. Never going to happen but would be a dream come true.

Perfect setlist, loud, loud sound and what a performance, blowing it away, almost biblical with that intense grey sky rolling in over the stage. The complete antithesis to everything the headlining band stand for! good choice as well not having that kids choir up there that they've been using.

ha, was classic seeing faces trying to come to terms with what they were seeing and from where we were standing (on the hill to the right) he had converted A LOT of those faces by the end

Edited by Field Commander Jefferson Monkey

Nick Cave is one of these artists that has passed me by over the years, but that was one of the most insane and fascinating things I've ever seen (and I was watching it on TV)

Have now watched it 3 times on the web site and am totally converted

Stagger Lee "Bloody Hell!!"

I had a couple of drinks and every person I saw leaving during Nick Cave got pointed at by me, followed by me shouting "Mare" at them. It was in jest, I wasn't being nasty. I just couldn't believe people were leaving!

The guy won the weekend for me. Knew he would be good from seeing him there in 2009 but he easily trumped it! Watched the set back 3 or 4 times already, still blows me away - I was about 10 people behind hana_29, giving it my all. I had a few strange looks, but less fucks have never been given.

Got home hanging on monday and barkley_87 (who got my glastonbury tickets for me when we met in Japan) informed me she had a spare for his gig in October at Hammersmith Apollo. Suddenly the hangover didn't seem so bad!

I can confidently say that I wouldn't have been half as composed as she was. I was so jealous of her that I could have cried!!

Didn't see PSB either in the end as was too paranoid about getting a decent spot. I didn't think it would be as tough as it was to get down the front so glad I went down when I did. Crowd was pretty shit where I was (I found a better group during the pre-Blur set) but performance was way better.

It was just *so* good. From Her To Eternity definitely lived up to my expectations even if I was the only one around me at that point losing my shit. I hope he keeps it in the set for October. He will won't he?

I did a bad thing last night and bought a stupidly expensive ticket for the Sunday gig too. I shouldn't surf the internet when sleep deprived.

Was it me or was the set a tad shorter than expected? Was great to see Pumpkins but could have done with three or four more songs.

Yeh it did seem short to me, though I didnt think they'd come back on after push the sky so was well chuffed with the encore.

I reckon it's more likely that deanna and tupelo will be dropped for the october gigs than eternity, and I think jack the ripper will stay. Cant imagine we'll get people aint no good either. Whatever ballad we get in it's place will be ace so I'm not too botherd. I hope that's how it pans out anyway!

I still cant believe how incredible jubilee street was. Peoples jaws dropped at the end. Please god let someone have taken a copy of the bbc recording that we can grab

good work on the 2nd ticket, you know it makes sense!

Yeh it did seem short to me, though I didnt think they'd come back on after push the sky so was well chuffed with the encore.

I reckon it's more likely that deanna and tupelo will be dropped for the october gigs than eternity, and I think jack the ripper will stay. Cant imagine we'll get people aint no good either. Whatever ballad we get in it's place will be ace so I'm not too botherd. I hope that's how it pans out anyway!

I still cant believe how incredible jubilee street was. Peoples jaws dropped at the end. Please god let someone have taken a copy of the bbc recording that we can grab

good work on the 2nd ticket, you know it makes sense!

I think you're spot on with all that. I'd prefer Eternity and Ripper to stay and I think we might get Stranger Than Kindness. Would be a moment!

The gigs will feature a lot more of the new album I suppose and I'm really looking forward to seeing those songs played live.

Second ticket did make sense - just wish I'd realised it at the time! He'd been out of my life for so long that I'd forgotten once wouldn't be enough. You don't want to know how much I paid for it...

Now I just have to stop myself going in for the Monday too.

I saw Nick Cave at the Sydney Opera House in February so although I'm a huge fan sort of approached this thinking this wouldn't really live up. Well, although obviously the gig was significantly shorter, the performance definitely outdid that gig. Phenomenal stuff. One of the great Glasto gigs of the last ten years IMO.

On the plant thing - watching it on the screens when I was there she looked hypnotised, however rewatching it on the BBC she's smiling in some of the clips and things as well.

Still, possibly the best, and certainly the angriest, I've seen him. We did have a great laugh at the 14 year old girls sitting around twiddling their thumbs, but even they stood up for Stagger Lee. Possibly to avoid being crushed. As annoying as it was, it kind of added to the anger of the set.

Getting out was a bloody mare though, as the incoming Mumfords idiots wouldn't let us out. Had to escape via the security barrier.

Got home hanging on monday and barkley_87 (who got my glastonbury tickets for me when we met in Japan) informed me she had a spare for his gig in October at Hammersmith Apollo. Suddenly the hangover didn't seem so bad!

You're welcome (again)! :P

Roll on October!

• Upvote 1

On the plant thing - watching it on the screens when I was there she looked hypnotised, however rewatching it on the BBC she's smiling in some of the clips and things as well.

Still, possibly the best, and certainly the angriest, I've seen him. We did have a great laugh at the 14 year old girls sitting around twiddling their thumbs, but even they stood up for Stagger Lee. Possibly to avoid being crushed. As annoying as it was, it kind of added to the anger of the set.

Getting out was a bloody mare though, as the incoming Mumfords idiots wouldn't let us out. Had to escape via the security barrier.

It's funny, but the default avatar silhouette could sort of be you. In a certain light, from a certain angle.

Fantastic set, wasn't a fan before but am now, great work hana_29!

gallery_7165_904_5667.jpg

Thank you! the most awesome moment of my life! I showed one of my friends and she was like did I hear that right? did he yell suck my dick whilst it was in your face, I was like yes, yes he did!

Do you not have tickets?! They're selling from various extortion outlets online if you have a spare kidney. I bought one in the early hours of this morning and it was exhilarating.

Ahhhh I really really want to go again now as well! My parents are going to the Sunday London gig, bless my mum's heart she offered me her ticket, but she's never seen him and I have now seen him twice so I can't be that mean and I'd rather go Saturday (work and all that)! I start a new job on monday and as soon as that pay cheque comes in in August I am buying one, unless I can convince the mother to give me an extortionate loan before hand!!!