Nick Cave

Midnight Man

Gutted I missed this girl in white. Left to go and see Smashing Pumpkins just as Mercy Seat was finishing.

She was beautiful. Nick singing Stagger Lee to her, staring into her eyes and holding her hand as if it was a love song was a genius twist.

I feel sorry for her poor boyfriend whose shoulders she was sitting on during the whole thing :)

Still, he's got a girlfriend as pretty as her, he's a step ahead already.

Shes on the Nick Cave page on the BBC Glastonbury site. Its about 53 30 in. Getting far too carried away with this - but she seems to be beckoning him in and then almost pulling him to her. By the end shes staring into his eyes and he cant look at her.

Reading far too much into this of course. Just a very pretty woman enjoying a great gig.

I was about 10 rows back to the left of the stage and I thought he was amazing, just so passionate and raw. The people all around me didn't though. There were loads of young girls who sat down, did sarcastic clapping and said 'it's scary'. It really ruined the atmosphere - reminded me of 2009. Someone behind me summed it up nicely at the end when he shouted 'Mumfords fans are c**ts!' I'm glad I have tickets to his Autumn tour so I can see him surrounded by fans.

They really need to give him a headlining slot next time.

• Upvote 1

Loved it when the inflatable shark kept jabbing that girl in white in the face, battle of the attention speakers! Feel sorry for the poor sods directly behind her who waited for ages to be at the front for cave, then he mounts the barrier right near them for the best song, but oh no, she's more important so they all miss out on a very rare opportunity

Edited by Grimmy
  • Upvote 1

' Feel sorry for the poor sods directly behind her who waited for ages to be at the front for cave, then he mounts the barrier right near them for the best song, but oh no, she's more important so they all miss out on a very rare opportunity '

That would be me then. I thought that she may have been a 'plant' - she was incredibly composed, if that was me, I would have either started nervously laughing or run a mile, it was very intense, though I did have a bit of a giggle when the girl with Nick's name painted on her face had her head between Nick's legs. her expression was a picture. First and probably the last time I have got near to the front of the Pyramid stage - highlight of the weekend for me - a 'proper' band. A no compromise set, one for the fans, around me the 'Mumford girlies' looked on in horror - who is this scary man?

Getting out before Mumfords came on was fun - never been in such a crush before - really looking forward to the Apollo gig in the Autumn.

The girl in white was great to watch. I just thought it didn't seem right. She was stunning, in a stunning white dress. She seemed almost hypnotised and overwhelemed by what was happening. She seemed entranced, as did Nick cave. Just didn't seem natural to me

If it wasn't staged then it must be one of the most intensely emotional songs of the festival

.. Until Nick sings about putting bullets in someone's head of course!

I thought the girl with Nick Cave written on her forehead was the true hero. I so much wanted her to grab his balls, or undo his flies when he had his legs between her face, and I think she wanted to as we'll. pure comedy genius. Bless her. It must have been the highlight of her life!

Thoroughly enjoyed the whole set by the way, brilliant stuff

Best performance I've seen in many years. Nick Cave is without doubt the coolest man on the planet. I think Warren Ellis may well be in second place too. Really showed Bobby Gillespie a thing or two about getting a crowd involved even when many are there waiting for the headliners.

Absolutely epic.

Edited by mr gumby

I thought the girl with Nick Cave written on her forehead was the true hero. I so much wanted her to grab his balls, or undo his flies when he had his legs between her face, and I think she wanted to as we'll. pure comedy genius. Bless her. It must have been the highlight of her life!

Thoroughly enjoyed the whole set by the way, brilliant stuff

Hahaha thank you! I can tell you that I did squeeze his bum, but unfortunately that is all. My dad watched the entire set over breakfast the next morning and might of spat his cornflakes out had I done anything else!

Back to the gig itself, I have to take my hat off to the Mumford fans who surrounded me as they let me go right through to the front on the barrier, they then proceeded to shout cave girl at me and continually attempted to beckon Nick over to me, which was eventually successful! One other boy actually came over and put me on his shoulders which was a real treat! This was a far cry from when I was at the 2009 gig, the Blur fans around were so, so rude and one actually punched me in the head and no one would let me get closer and they all just laughed and sneered at me.

The security guards were also wicked this year, after Nick had straddled me with one knee on each shoulder he rose up a bit higher and I was supporting his whole body weight and the security kept making sure I was ok! I was loving it, I would never ever of dropped him! During red right hand he actually sang at me off the stage which was almost just as epic! The mumford fans were all screaming he's singing at you!

The security guard came over to me at the end of the set and gave me the set list, so I now have a permanent momento!

Sorry for going on, I just wanted to share my amazing experience, something I will never ever forget.

Nick Cave Forever!!!!

• Upvote 4

Hahaha thank you! I can tell you that I did squeeze his bum, but unfortunately that is all. My dad watched the entire set over breakfast the next morning and might of spat his cornflakes out had I done anything else!

Back to the gig itself, I have to take my hat off to the Mumford fans who surrounded me as they let me go right through to the front on the barrier, they then proceeded to shout cave girl at me and continually attempted to beckon Nick over to me, which was eventually successful! One other boy actually came over and put me on his shoulders which was a real treat! This was a far cry from when I was at the 2009 gig, the Blur fans around were so, so rude and one actually punched me in the head and no one would let me get closer and they all just laughed and sneered at me.

The security guards were also wicked this year, after Nick had straddled me with one knee on each shoulder he rose up a bit higher and I was supporting his whole body weight and the security kept making sure I was ok! I was loving it, I would never ever of dropped him! During red right hand he actually sang at me off the stage which was almost just as epic! The mumford fans were all screaming he's singing at you!

The security guard came over to me at the end of the set and gave me the set list, so I now have a permanent momento!

Sorry for going on, I just wanted to share my amazing experience, something I will never ever forget.

Nick Cave Forever!!!!

Was that really you?! It was a great moment, brilliant. Your face was an absolute peach! One of the funniest things I have ever seen at Glastonbury!

Nick Cave Forever!!!!

You were the real crowd hero at that gig, legend! :D

Nick Cave Forever!!!!

Brilliant stuff, so happy for you! You rocked!