2014 Headliner predictions

Guest Matt87

This might come across as arsey so apologies in advance but given you've said that you've had these three names for months would it not taken the same amount of time to post those names as it did to write the above post?

I understand that there is probably shit loads of information that comes out during the festival and you might be able to make a better prediction if you get on with other more important things but if you say way back when (March?) that you have names that you'll post after the festival nothing is lost by doing just that.

Efests is always great with info and knowing who might be being approached is a long way from who ends up headlining so its of no great importance. So thanks for the info when you get round to it I just find it odd you bother to write a post saying your too busy to post.

posting here or not about it, putting up the info I've known for months is not my highest priority right now.

Running my business in the best way possible is - which if I don't do, it won't be here for your entertainment next year. This site costs £6k a month to run; in these busy months it's doing less than that. So efests is fucked right now - it won't be here this time next year as things stand - and that's of far more concern to me that your selfish little wants, OK?

Now, back in the adult world where people have weighed up and worked out their priorities, I'll say again, I'll tell you soon-ish. If that's not good enough for you, oh well, fuck off somewhere else where they won't tell you anything at all about next year's headliners.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

posting here or not about it, putting up the info I've known for months is not my highest priority right now.

Running my business in the best way possible is - which if I don't do, it won't be here for your entertainment next year. This site costs £6k a month to run; in these busy months it's doing less than that. So efests is fucked right now - it won't be here this time next year as things stand - and that's of far more concern to me that your selfish little wants, OK?

Now, back in the adult world where people have weighed up and worked out their priorities, I'll say again, I'll tell you soon-ish. If that's not good enough for you, oh well, fuck off somewhere else where they won't tell you anything at all about next year's headliners.

I will take all sorts of people I don't give crap about - Take That, Adele, Kasabian, The Killers, Snow Patrol, etc - as the other two headliners, as long as we get Arcade Fire.

Prince, Fleetwood Mac and Led Zeppelin are too much to ask - just Arcade Fire will do.

Arcade Fire. Arcade Fire. If I say it enough times will it happen? Arcade Fire.

I will take all sorts of people I don't give crap about - Take That, Adele, Kasabian, The Killers, Snow Patrol, etc - as the other two headliners, as long as we get Arcade Fire.

Prince, Fleetwood Mac and Led Zeppelin are too much to ask - just Arcade Fire will do.

Arcade Fire. Arcade Fire. If I say it enough times will it happen? Arcade Fire.

I'm not sure Arcade Fire are currently popular enough to headline. Then again, if they release a new album in the next 12months and it does the business then it's possible.

Fleetwood Mac would be my top pick as well. The Stone Roses also seem very possible.

Arcade Fire are definitely big enough to headline. Plus they're known for being excellent live, and have 3 massively critically acclaimed albums that also sold well. Add in a high profile new album produced by James Murphy, they'll definitely have what it takes, perfect time for them to do it as well. Their R&L headline sets went down extremely well too.

The other 2 can be anyone for all I care, hope it's some massive acts that I don't care for so everywhere is distracted at the pyramid for a couple of hours. People judge a festival far too much on main stage headliners anyway.