2014 Headliner predictions

Guest Matt87

Having listened through a few tracks from all the elbow albums it strikes me that the quality is still good and has the same ambitions all the way through. It's the production that changes, much more quirky with different ideas and sounds creeping in prior to BARB. Hope that inventive side comes back stronger.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok so my ideal set list in order of albums would be:

Powder Blue

Newborn

Scattered Black & Whites

Ribcage

Fugitive Model

Switching Off

Grace Under Pressure

Forget Myself

The stops

Leaders of the free World

My very best

Great Expectations

Weather to Fly

The Loneliness of a Tower Crane Driver

Mirroball

One Day Like This

Open Arms

The Birds

Lippy Kids

Some off the new Album

Probably not in this order

Edited by ghandi

ok so my ideal set list in order of albums would be:

Powder Blue

Newborn

Scattered Black & Whites

Ribcage

Fugitive Model

Switching Off

Grace Under Pressure

Forget Myself

The stops

Leaders of the free World

My very best

Great Expectations

Weather to Fly

The Loneliness of a Tower Crane Driver

Mirroball

One Day Like This

Open Arms

The Birds

Lippy Kids

Some off the new Album

Probably not in this order

Perhaps not, but it's if they did, then this is what would be expected over a longer perfromance rather than an hour to churn out the new album and a couple of others, a best of set so to speak. Whether or not people think of them as headline materal is subjective dependng on whether you like them or not. Perhaps they don't have the wow factor but i reckon they may have erned it over the past few years, and in that case it would be a lazt booking, but if they played a set like that i'd certanily be there.

Edited by russycarps

cheers! the way people were talking i thought new info had come up that made them look more likely, but obviously not and we're still totally in the blue (although if Kasabian aren't doing it / 'haven't been asked' then that opens the door for Elbow - couldn't see them both headlining, but one of them, yeah

still really hope they're a sub though. unless their new album has a big hit single, it's a huge proportion of crowd wanting to hear One Day Like This and not much else

problem is a "greatest hits" set would mean just songs from SSK and build a rocket to a 50k pyramid crowd.

I dont think their old stuff is suited to a huge headline set, they were never that sort of band. It was more music to sit back and chill to with a smoke in the sun, for me.

I still cant believe they've risen to potential headliner status before Doves...

I like elbow a lot - old and new, including build a rocket boys. If anyone can earn a headliner spot then i think they have but still i can't get excited by a headliner set from them. They're enjoyable as a chilled act, sub or even headlining somewhere like latitude but i just can't see a rousing pyramid headline set from them...