Rockness 2014

Guest Muppetmark

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phoenix could not headline a festival the size of Rockness in the UK. I went to see them at Coachella (incase DP came on) and thought they were good, they have a big following across there, but I'd never heard of them before they were on the Coachella line up. They're subbing Tuts on a Friday night at T, they could never headline Rockness.

I would argue that The Vaccines are a bigger draw now than Franz and they subbed the Friday main stage so wouldn't headline. And White Lies wouldn't headline the Clash tent, never mind the main stage.

Edited by KeithDelBasso

Phoenix could not headline a festival the size of Rockness in the UK. I went to see them at Coachella (incase DP came on) and thought they were good, they have a big following across there, but I'd never heard of them before they were on the Coachella line up. They're subbing Tuts on a Friday night at T, they could never headline Rockness.

I would argue that The Vaccines are a bigger draw now than Franz and they subbed the Friday main stage so wouldn't headline. And White Lies wouldn't headline the Clash tent, never mind the main stage.

Phoenix better than Fatboy, Basement Jaxx, Netsky, or Alabama 3?

Well, they must be one fucking amazing live act because the music-part of their tunes I checked out on Spotify are somewhere between underwhelming and forgettable.[/quote

Agree with that !

Phoenix have been about for years and were never that big here and this album hasn't really

made to much of an impact in this part of the world and I just can't see there being a massive breakthrough for them here until there next album if its good