Suggestion for next year

Guest eddiepolio

Nope. I thought the line-up was great. I didn't see Example or Plan B, or Madness, as there were some amazing DJs on.

I enjoyed Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and most of Monday (stewards be damned!), in the sun!!

It always vaguely depresses me people go to Festivals for the headline acts. To be honest I think Rockness, though much smaller, did better this year in terms of crowd quality.

Last year was not improved by ten thousand DeadMau5 fans.

Edited by viberunner

Does anybody think it would be a good idea for RockNess to go back to a two day festival with only the nesstival area open on the Friday night. It would mean that the overall line up could be stronger without trying to spread it over three days.

Nope. I thought the line-up was great. I didn't see Example or Plan B, or Madness, as there were some amazing DJs on.

I enjoyed Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and most of Monday (stewards be damned!), in the sun!!

It always vaguely depresses me people go to Festivals for the headline acts. To be honest I think Rockness, though much smaller, did better this year in terms of crowd quality.

Last year was not improved by ten thousand DeadMau5 fans.

But you still have lots of fixed costs - licences, fencing, marquees, stages, lights, etc. - but with a third less revenue. A third less money from traders. A third fewer day tickets sold. And presumably the "full" ticket price would be reduced - unless you think a 2 day event warrants a 3 day price tag?

Moreover, personally I'm not sure it's worth a 4 hour drive each way (with petrol costs) for a 2 day Festival.

A stronger "overall" line-up isn't going to compensate. The masses book on headline or prominent acts.

I think they pulled it off with the setup this year, sometimes good things do come in small packages!

I was never stuck for an act to see at any point, the smaller arenas made them look much more packed creating a great atmosphere. And a massive highlight for me proving all the doubters wrong was the Afterburner.......I thought it was absolutely banging........Oooh and also waking up cuddling a dominos pizza :)

I went with quite negative views because of the layout and having heard about the armadillo.

However after spending the weekend there i was overly impressed. The Arcadia stage was fucking immense. Both lights and sound.

Being able to get to virtually any part of the festival within 10mins is something I'll take anytime. Preferred it all in terms of layout and size.

Pootopia is a waste if space though,who should pay to take a shit?

With the competition already on the go to get offered 99quid tickets for the next one I'll be up for it....as always.

Friday was a cracking lineup on the main stage, good mixture. Topped off with Len Faki at Arcadia. Braw

Don't forget the scorching weather and the usual Monday fly-by by an RAF jet fighter.

To be honest for £99 at Loch Ness I'd go if it were nothing but three days of DJ sets from the Sub Club.

Hell, for that price you barely get a night and a bit in most local B&Bs.

Edited by viberunner

Don't forget the scorching weather and the usual Monday fly-by by an RAF jet fighter.

To be honest for £99 at Loch Ness I'd go if it were nothing but three days of DJ sets from the Sub Club.

Hell, for that price you barely get a night and a bit in most local B&Bs.

• 6 months later...

Being able to get to virtually any part of the festival within 10mins is something I'll take anytime. Preferred it all in terms of layout and size.

I was never stuck for an act to see at any point, the smaller arenas made them look much more packed creating a great atmosphere.