Glastonbury alcohol email?

Guest Amii

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a few years ago - had to be after the Licensing Act 2003 came into force I did mention on this board that if GFL wanted to they could ban alcohol completely and many said it would never happen
that e-mail is the first step and is going to cause chaos.
Not claiming it will come in my lifetime but it now has to be on the cards.
some festivals will not allow you out to pick up more drink so it can get a lot stricter

This better not be as it sounds.

I usually get dropped off, so cannot take multiple trips to/from a car. In previous years I have tried to carry beer and the walk to the camping fields has been excruciating. Using a trolley is a massive help.

Edited by pedmills

They're not going to actually enforce this guys i'd imagine. They probably have to prove to the police that they're cracking down on underage/irresponsible drinking and "we sent an email about it to every ticket holder" is probably quite a good way to show this, but it wont be enforced. They're not stupid enough (I hope) to try to take alcohol from the god knows how many (probably into the tens of thousands) that would fail these rules, and they know that for 5 days people need to bring in more than they can carry.

There'd be chaos if they actually enforced it. As somebody else said, it just gives them a reason to take alcohol from the people they suspect will be selling it on inside which is fair enough.

Edited by mail1234

Going to struggle carrying the cans, usually do 2 trips and only a couple of people head out to collect everyones in a garden trolly. We'll all have to go if we have to carry them through. Will probably see how this is being enforced on the first run before we decide what to do

Edited by andymk

a few years ago - had to be after the Licensing Act 2003 came into force I did mention on this board that if GFL wanted to they could ban alcohol completely and many said it would never happen

that e-mail is the first step

Nah.

There's been a rule for many years that only a "reasonable amount" of alcohol is allowed to be brought onto site. That rule has been in place specifically to stop people bring in beer to sell.