Noisy camping

Guest adorableade

Having just returned from Lechlade Festival I would say that no one minds folks sitting around chatting, it's stereos that will attract people's anger.

There's always one moron who thinks everyone on earth loves their choice of music, at the loudest possible volume, at all hours.

If you go to a festival, you should expect some noise from your neighbours, from the arena, people enjoying themselves etc. But with the exception of festivals like Reading/Leeds, V fest, most advertise themselves as family friendly. If you take your family, you don’t expect to be kept awake until 8:00am by your fellow festival goers taking drugs, swearing, vomiting and pissing on your tent, having no respect or thought for other people.

There should be different areas for people who want to stay up all night and those who don’t. As you may have guessed, I’ve had a few bad experiences in the past. Not a Wychwood I hasten to add. This will be my first time.

Taking drugs ain't noise pollution, and i have been to many big festivals and I've never had once any moist piss on my tent either. I have had people almost fall on my tent over guy ropes but that can happen in the dark to anyone.

From what I've seen at wychwood you have nothing to fear, and what you describe sounds more like v fest, but if your after quiet then I suggest quiet pitch in quiet field. Most festival have them. For the rest of us then a bit of campsite banter after hours (respectful to neighbours) is part of the fun

Hopefully see a few EFesters over the weekend. We'll have my old Lunar Metrorite caravan plus my friend's VW Camper. Look out for the flagpole with a daffodil windsock. Come round for a cuppa and say hello.