Advice for people camping

Guest 5tevieB

OK i've been to creamfields for the past couple of years and have done a few other festivals in my time. This is just some helpful tips and advice for newbies. Please add to this if u can.

Before I start. Don't take anything u don't mind loosing!!!!!!!!!!!

1.Make sure u can carry everything u need. Sound stupid but the walk to the campsite from the drop off point is a bit of a trek. carry your clothes in your hand and put liquids on your back. Its about 1km from the drop point to the entrance of the camp site

2.Black Bags!! If it look like its going to rain these can be used in a number of ways when camping.

3.Don't take too much water. There are water stations throughout the camp site.

4.Glass Bottles ARE NOT allowed in. Place all spirits in plastic bottles before you go. Security will stop u and make u transfer the liquid into a plastic bottle. Premix your drinks if u can.

5.BBQ/Camping stoves saw a lot of these last year. Good Idea if the weather holds up saves being robbed by the food trucks

6.If you can take an air bed do. The amount of ppl that complain about not getting a good sleep on the sun + mon. Dont worry if u dont have a pump, plenty of ppl were sharing last year

7.Hand warmers. These little packs are a lifesend if its cold again.

8. If it look like rain the north end of the campsite was fairly dry last year.

9.Cereal bars + baby wipes. So many ppl still forget about these. Also take extra loo roll

10.Inflatable sofas are a good way to make new friends.

11. If your in a group pick a spot and have every ones tent face that spot. Easy way to keep an eye on every ones stuff.

12.Padlocks are a waste of time. If sumone wants to get into your tent they will.

13.If you cant keep valuables on you place them under the middle of the tent if its dry. Not exactly safe but thieves don't normally look here

14.If its wet again take a set of clothes just for the journey home.

Edited by 5tevieB

• 4 weeks later...

Pack using sensible bags. Saw so many suitcases on bloody wheels. They may seem handy when you leave the house but try dragging a wheelie suitcase through a field caked in mud. If possible use rucksacks and equipment that are designed for campers and hikers.

Also if you don't bring wellies then he'll mend you.

Hi lauraxoxo

It is true that phones have been stolen right out of peoples hands in past years.

Like i said at the top of the page "Before I start. Don't take anything u don't mind loosing!!!!!!!!!!!"

Some people take a cheap phone with them just for calls n txt, Others take their iphone's and Galaxy phones for video and for playing music in the camp site.

Im taking my Galaxy s3 but its fully insured and will back everything up before i leave. that way if i loose it it wont matter.

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dont bother with those trolleys to carry your things. More hassle than they are worth.

Waterproofs. Get a cheap pair of trousers and a top before you go, just in case.

Like mentioned above, cereal bars are a must.

If possible, avoid setting up your tent near the walkways. Decent idea to get their early (thats why im going on the friday).

Leave a set of clothes and shoes in your car. Change into them to drive home in. Keep an energy drink handy for the drive home too, it could be needed!

Anyway, cant actually remember what alcohol they sold last year. Year before it was Bud 66 in cans, but yeah, £4 sounds about right.

Were a good group of 4 guys, not the "mental" type. Give me a shout if your a loner (or not) and you want some people to hang out with.

• 1 year later...

Hi coming up with 10 boys from Sussex. It is the first time at creamfields was just wondering if someone who has been before would mind advising us where to camp!? Need somewhere that is lively and not dead. Can someone help us please! Thanks.

hi mate,

none are dead really, the whole place is rocking! try and get as close as you can to the entrance so you havent got to walk miles, i normally pick somewhere thats not on the walk ways, gets a bit boggy