Bingley Music Live

Guest dancelittleliar

Don't think there's a dedicated thread to it, apologies if there is

This years Bingley fest is shaping up to by very good on paper, with Chic, Primal Scream and Cribs making it very attractive. Just wondering if anyone else is thinking about going, because compared to last year (Nero, Razorlight and Charlatans) this year looks incredible

Bought my ticket when I saw Cribs and Primal Scream were headlining, as did many of my friends, when Human League were added we were ecstatic. Very good value for money.

Edited by moz4pm

• 1 month later...

Hiya. Hubby and I have decided to go to this for his birthday. £45 for Primal Scream, The Fratelli's and Human League. Yes please!!!

It will be our first time! Can anyone who's been give me the lowdown at all please? Where to camp? What's the festy like? What else happens there?

I've got the web going and checking it out, but any info from you lovely lot would be awesome.

Cheers!

There are a few places offering camping but I would suggest Bees Camping at the Rugby Club. Closest to the festival, on site bar, decent facilities. Great little festival, 3 stages, food pretty poor but the odd decent stall and it's in town so you can always go to the Wetherspoons for food. Decent vibe, but a few piss chuckers and drunk idiots. All in all, the value festival of the year for me.

Think headline acts get 90 minutes, finishes pretty early though, curfew is 8:30 on Sunday.

Edited by TheNewUnion

Awesome, thanks TheNewUnion. That campsite sounds great.

How late does it go to Fri & Sat night?

Thanks for the info. Looks like it would be a great little! :)

Think it's finished by 10:30 on Friday and Saturday, certainly not a late one. There is the "after party" at the Rugby Club, plus there are quite a few pubs in Bingley so plenty to keep you occupied once the music has finished.

For the price, I don't think you can go wrong really.

Getting our tix this weekend & camping at the Rugby Club!

Am looking forward to it, should be great fun.

We're going down Thurs to the Mon! :)

Oh cool, thanks for that. I didn't realise, for some reason, I thought it started earlier.

I need to do my research a bit better!

Thank you again!!!

Started looking into after I was checking Fratellis dates again (:lol:) and saw Chic were playing to!!

Thats a great line up for 50 quid!!!

Looking into treating myself to a nice hotel nearby as its my Birthday :P Looking a serious possibility instead of Reading :P

Worth noting that it finishes early, and the train station is only 10 minutes (if that) from the festival site, so you can get the train after bands if you can't find a hotel in Bingley (think there is only one Travel lodge there). Could get to Bradford or Keighley (sp?) really easily. Probably even Leeds? (which would be good for a post fest night out I expect)

Started looking into after I was checking Fratellis dates again ( :lol:) and saw Chic were playing to!!

Thats a great line up for 50 quid!!!

Looking into treating myself to a nice hotel nearby as its my Birthday :P Looking a serious possibility instead of Reading :P

This will be my 3rd BML and I still can't believe they can put on such a great little festo for 45 quid! Great bands, great atmos and the better food selection is up on the top of the park where the smaller stages are.

Being a council-run thing, the security check is pretty thorough (more so than at any other festival I go to - they even took my aspirin off me!) so if you're planning to sneak a couple of tipples in, hide them well! However the beer is reasonably priced so it's all good.

I travel back to my mate's place after each day via Leeds and it's super quick, so I'd advise staying there if you want a hotel. You'd miss out on the party atmosphere in Bingley afterwards though if you're celebrating your birthday (which I'll be too!)

Er, celebrating my birthday that is, not yours LondonTom...although I'm happy to do that too!

:lol:

Thanks for the advice :D Will maybe look slightly further out then, as the hotels near Bingley seemed booked up/expensive. Leeds would be good, never been and it might just persuade the girlfriend it's worth it as more than me getting pissed and listening to bands :P

It really does great for the money, so you cant blame them on wanting to get a decent take on the bars from everyone coming in. (Plus most Festivals stop you at the Arena entrance anyway so no different really!)

Edited by LondonTom

At the Rugby club there is a bar which was pretty busy the last year. Also, on the Friday and Saturday they had bands on in the bar. A U2 tribute one night and a rock covers band the next - was pretty good actually. Not sure how long it went on for, I was fairly well refreshed by that point so had to call it a day pretty early on.

There is outdoor seating at the bar too, we just hung out there having a few cans and chatting to other festival go'ers.