See Tickets Insurance

Guest Spider43

One of my group has just discovered he is not going to be able to go due to work commitments Im guessing that wont be covered under the insurance that he took out but cant find any details for the terms on the See Tickets site.

Has this happened to anyone else pr do you know where I can find the details? I found something for Ticketplan but not sure if that is the right link?

Cheers

He needs to feign some kind of illness nearer the time - but he will need to get a doctors note i imagine.

You may wish to purchase the optional TicketPlan Protection under our Master Policy, so that a refund of the value of your Ticket (including Booking Fee) can be provided to you if you cannot attend the Festival due to the circumstances set out in the Terms and Conditions. TicketPlan Protection is subject to an additional £4.75 per person when paying the balance for your tickets.

TicketPlan Protection provides cover for a range of unforeseen circumstances that may prevent you being able to attend the Festival. To download a PDF summary of the Terms and Conditions please click here.

Please note that the TicketPlan Protection policy will not cover the loss of your ticket, or any circumstances which could be considered foreseeable (e.g. examinations, pre-arranged medical procedures or work commitments).

Alternatively, you may wish to check whether your ticket is covered by your own personal insurance.

Tickets are non-refundable after the deadline of May 3rd. However, if you bought the TicketPlan Protection for your ticket and if your reason for not being able to come is covered by the policy, a claim can be made by contacting the Ticketplan helpline on 0844 884 1031

Edited by Inhaler

Not 100%, but I think you were offered 'refund protection' when you bought the ticket. I'm not really sure what this consists of though, maybe only if the festival itself is cancelled (god forbid).

EDIT: The poster above knows what they're talking about

Edited by GlastoSimon

Not 100%, but I think you were offered 'refund protection' when you bought the ticket. I'm not really sure what this consists of though, maybe only if the festival itself is cancelled (god forbid).

EDIT: The poster above knows what they're talking about

What we will refund?

We will refund the cost of your booking if you are unable to attend a booked event due to:

unexpected disruption of the public transport network you could not have reasonably known about before the date or time of the booked event;

the death, accident, or illness happening to you, a member of your immediate family or any person(s) in the group due to attend the booked event with you;

the mechanical breakdown, accident, fire or theft en route of a private vehicle taking you to the booked event;

jury service which you were unaware of at the time of the booking;

Glastonbury 060812

burglary or fire at your residence in the 48 hours immediately before the booked event requiring attendance of the emergency services;

you being summoned to appear at court proceedings as a witness which you were unaware of at the time of booking;

you being a member of the armed forces and being posted overseas unexpectedly;

adverse weather including snow, frost, fog or storm where the Police service or other Government agency have issued warnings not to travel.