Worthy View and Alcohol limit

Guest DougalMcGuire

Anyone staying in WV, had the email today and notice this statement:

"If you intend to bring alcohol to Worthy View then you will only be allowed to bring a
reasonable quantity for personal consumption into the site (no more than you can
carry in your hands on your first arrival to the campsite).
Spirits and glass bottles are not permitted."

Now obviously the glass thing is a given, but seriously, no spirits??? Unless it's a typo and it should read spirits IN glass bottles. And only being allowed in what one can carry in your hands on the first trip into camp? Along with all the rest of your gear, for 5 days of boozing?? They've got to be having a laugh surely.....

Edited by DougalMcGuire

I saw that too, I'm not overly stressed by it. On the spirits thing, I think that's probably a typo. As for booze, I think they will be reasonable - if you arrive, drop your stuff, and go back to your car and pick up a slab of beer, I can't see them stopping you.

The one that I thought was quite interesting was

All those attempting to enter the site with alcohol will be checked that they are of legal age.
Edited by posthuman

I have the same email and don't think it will be a problem. I can see that the statements may have more to do with obtaining permission for an external campsite and licensing laws than the intention to enforce them rigidly and as already said what is going to stop people from going back to their cars to get more booze.

Will be interested to see what you discover. If I hadn't already rented a campervan for this year I would have probably done Worthy View. Almost certainly will if I get a ticket for 2014.

The spirit thing is odd. Why would you mention Spirits in bottles? Saying no glass is surely enough. As to the carry in your hands rule, it seems quite arbitrary. Sounds like a condition of the license and no doubt common sense will prevail.

I went to Play Fest the year before last and the rule was one case of beer OR one bottle of spirits per person into the campsite, which I think was the condition on the license, but it was strictly enforced as I recall. It didn't worry me too much at the time as the arena was separated anyway, but this one rang alarm bells slightly...

Wait and see what the response is before I start calculating how much I can physically carry in one trip. But I really don't want to be worried about having to smuggle spirits in Fruit Shoot bottles a la Reading.

I have the same email and don't think it will be a problem. I can see that the statements may have more to do with obtaining permission for an external campsite and licensing laws than the intention to enforce them rigidly and as already said what is going to stop people from going back to their cars to get more booze.

Don't think it will be strictly enforced. If you try and blag your way through Pennards Gate with 15 slabs of Stella you will get a tug. Will have all my booze in a cool box and if I have to I will leave it in the car.

Went my batman turns up on Friday I will just get him to pop back there every 30 minutes like the good chap he is!

tally Ho!

Take it. Open it at your car. Pour it into another container that is allowed. Carry it in. Pour into plastic glasses, or mugs etc. and drink. It will hardly suffer any for the re-pouring and won't go flat in the few minutes it takes you to get to your site.

edit: forgot to mention - put the empty bottle in the boot of your car and take it home with you of course.