John Grant

Ruwise

I saw John Grant last night in Manchester and it is such a shame he's not playing Glastonbury as he was absolutely brilliant. Maybe he could play next year. If anybody is in London he is playing there tonight. I don't think it is sold out yet and it deserves to be. I've been to a lot of gigs this year and he is definitely up there with the best of them.

He said in Dublin Sinead O Connor joined him for 5 songs. With Sinead at Glastonbury this year if he was there that could have been such a special moment.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw him in Kilkenny last week. He was fantastic.

Much as the appearance of Sinead in Dublin was ballyhooed in the media, she seemed to really hog the stage and was quite distracting. My sister was there and said she kinda spoiled the gig.

Scottie, In addition to John Grant, I can't recommend the Eccentronic Research Council's album enough, They're playing London this week. I'm proper;y upset I can't be there. New Dexy's album is magnificent and Dean Blunt/Inga Copleland stuff is also great. The last 12 months has been outstanding for new albums.

I can't recommend the Eccentronic Research Council's album enough,

Just listening to it there. I like it. Dark and heavy. Will investigate further.

I wandered up to the Park to watch him in 2011. The crowd was small but very enthusiastic, he seemed to enjoy it.

Glad for him. He had his entire US tour cancelled shortly after which must have been a kick in the balls.

I wandered up to the Park to watch him in 2011. The crowd was small but very enthusiastic, he seemed to enjoy it.

We were up at the Park for his gig - I thought that it was wonderful and was the perfect final set of the weekend for me. Its not about the numbers of punters, its about if he can touch you - and John Grant certainly can.

Saw him at Truck shortly thereafter and that was another cracking set but his gig last week in Oxford was the best that I've seen him - it sounds like he's he's really on top form on this tour.

Scottie, In addition to John Grant, I can't recommend the Eccentronic Research Council's album enough, They're playing London this week. I'm proper;y upset I can't be there. New Dexy's album is magnificent and Dean Blunt/Inga Copleland stuff is also great. The last 12 months has been outstanding for new albums.

I've never heard of Eccentronic Research Council - Is that 1612 (it says that was last year).

He does a Czars song, or he did at eotr last time i saw him. He says "this a really old one, from when i was in The Czars", which is how i am sure! Would have to check setlists.com to see what it was called.

New album has taken a few listens, but liking it now. Heard the radio version of GMF the other day on Jo Whiley, made me laugh as the MF had to be replaced and changed the whole song!

He played Paint The Moon the other night in Manchester just because somebody in the audience requested it. The band had never played it before. It was a great moment. The version of Queen of Denmark he did was bloody awesome too. I just couldn't get over how powerful his voice was live.

Going to see him at Cambridge on Saturday, absolutely can't wait. The new album has taken a few listens to really get into, but that voice and his lyrics just win you over. I saw him at End of The Road last year and he played GMF. As none of us new what was coming, the sight of 100's of middle class parents suddenly trying to block their kids ears once the chorus kicked in (me included) was a joy to behold.