Sold out, Full Line Up Due Soon?

Guest a_kelaz

I would have thought that the programmes and neck guides must be in production by now, so someone must know.

However, I remember one year someone who worked on the neck-guide leaked the line-up and got into a world of pain involving having her ticket confiscated (although I think it was retuned eventually). So they are all probably sworn to secrecy and threatened with ticket loss for any such indiscretions, and who can blame them !

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have thought that the programmes and neck guides must be in production by now, so someone must know.

However, I remember one year someone who worked on the neck-guide leaked the line-up and got into a world of pain involving having her ticket confiscated (although I think it was retuned eventually). So they are all probably sworn to secrecy and threatened with ticket loss for any such indiscretions, and who can blame them !

I was in that very same tent - Club Dada I think - wandered off after a couple of tunes and regret in now

I remember a couple of years ago standing next to a sort of Punch and Judy booth/DJ thing, when up popped Jarvis Cocker and did a DJ set from it

Wandered off after a couple of tunes and regret it now

Its such a mad place that at the time, you just go - oh there's Jarvis, in a tiny box, playing records. Now what time did they say the puppet show starts?

I think it changed after the jay z year. More commercial festivals release early , and now it shifts resale tickets. It was Q magazine that used to publish in June edition which come out end of may. I thought speculation is all part of fun and it doesn't ruin the event if x or y ain't playing

They don't need the line-up out there to sell tickets so they don't have the same need as other festivals to release names early to promote sales. People will clamour for th line-up early because they want to know, but the counter argument to that is that it gives the impression (or is an admission) that the line-up is more important than it actually is.

I prefer not knowing until nearer the time. Have they had trouble shifting re-sale tickets in the past?

There's never a shortage of acts I'm keen to see but the line-up's not integral to my enjoyment of the festival anyway. There's so much more to the festival than the live music and I end up seeing people I'd never usually bother with elsewhere.

i seem to recall somebody mentioning that the Stones deal was done and dusted about a week before the lineup announcement was released, so i have a feeling as soon as that was a done deal they released the lineup asap. they didn't need to release it early - it was always going to sell out - and it was a bit odd that they released it way before the resale this year, but i'm sure they had their reasons

it didn't mess up my chances in the resale nearly as much as i thought it would so in the long run i'm not bothered either way about when it was released. the forum at least has become a much less hostile / annoying place with the lineup announced

and yes it was 2008 that didn't sell out immediately, but that was a minor blip that can possibly be attributed to a few things, and i doubt it'll be happening again any time soon

I found the re-sale an absolute nightmare!

Tried the links I found on here on three different PC's while several people tried on my behalf across the country.

One person finally got through for coach tickets some time well after 10:00.

Absolutely delighted to have a ticket tho and having to travel from London to Brighton to get coach it is an acceptable inconvenience.

Didn't get my coach ticket until well after 10:00, long after

fundamentally, I want to see the full line up asap so I can start listening to loads of acts i've not heard of, and then make a decision to go and see them! That's part of the fun for me.

Otherwise, stumbling across something is pure chance.

I think it changed after the jay z year. More commercial festivals release early , and now it shifts resale tickets. It was Q magazine that used to publish in June edition which come out end of may. I thought speculation is all part of fun and it doesn't ruin the event if x or y ain't playing