Checklist for Motorhome, Campervan and Caravan Dwellers

StoneCircle

They are Fiamma Level Up Plus and I got them from Halfords last summer. I looked around for deals but they were the cheapest at the time. The previous ones, which were also yellow but I'm not sure of the make, broke in half when we tried to bolster up the height with lengths of wood allocated by glasto for bonfires. The slope was affecting the fridge and I needed to even up a bit.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic list thank you. This is my first Glasto this year and I got WEST campervan tickets this morning. Very happy. :sarcastic:

In preparation I bought a second Aquaroll for my caravan just this very weekend. In view of your list I'm now wondering if I should buy a few more...

There are a number of water points at West. I found it best to get up at a reasonable time and do my water and waste duties for the day when there are no queues. If you roll out of bed at 11:00am or so expect long queues. My pet hate are the people who decide to collect a smal bottle of water, wash and brush their fucking teeth while the rest of us stand in a queue like lemons. I would add that my tank holds 100l, which just about does water for the day plus two quick showers.

Edited by Miss Jane Marple

They are Fiamma Level Up Plus and I got them from Halfords last summer. I looked around for deals but they were the cheapest at the time. The previous ones, which were also yellow but I'm not sure of the make, broke in half when we tried to bolster up the height with lengths of wood allocated by glasto for bonfires. The slope was affecting the fridge and I needed to even up a bit.

Nice one, thanks.

Fantastic list thank you. This is my first Glasto this year and I got WEST campervan tickets this morning. Very happy. :sarcastic:

In preparation I bought a second Aquaroll for my caravan just this very weekend. In view of your list I'm now wondering if I should buy a few more...

The weight of too much water may not be a good idea when towing. We have a 20 litre carrier we use just for making hot drinks, the water there is fine to shower/wash up with. We don't use the water pump to save battery drain. :)

The issue is not about carrying water to the site. It is about the facilities there. In my view there are enough water points at west but at times of the day there is a long queue so it is best to be up early and do your trips for the day. Last year they were still finishing off the water supply and building the toilets on the Wednesday so make sure you take some with you.

The issue is not about carrying water to the site. It is about the facilities there. In my view there are enough water points at west but at times of the day there is a long queue so it is best to be up early and do your trips for the day. Last year they were still finishing off the water supply and building the toilets on the Wednesday so make sure you take some with you.

It is an issue when towing a caravan trust me.

You misunderstand me. There is no suggestion of vans, campervans or camels careering round the countryside laden with water containers. The entire conversation is about the strategy whil on site.

Yes more taps in the campervan fields would not go amiss! :)

You misunderstand me. There is no suggestion of vans, campervans or camels careering round the countryside laden with water containers. The entire conversation is about the strategy whil on site.

yep, my strategy is turning up empty, levelling the van, opening a can, then filling the tank mid afternoon on the Wednesday. Jane, yes, getting up nearer 10 sees all the queues lengthen. I fill up around 9 and the day begin ns again.

The weight of too much water may not be a good idea when towing. We have a 20 litre carrier we use just for making hot drinks, the water there is fine to shower/wash up with. We don't use the water pump to save battery drain. :)

Thanks StoneCircle but the extra Aquaroll(s) will be going in my car's boot and not in the caravan. :D

I also have TWO leisure batteries - the one in the caravan and an extra one so should hopefully be ok.

Thanks StoneCircle but the extra Aquaroll(s) will be going in my car's boot and not in the caravan. :D

I also have TWO leisure batteries - the one in the caravan and an extra one so should hopefully be ok.

We never have any space in the boot as we retreat to Devon after the festival for a rest! We also take two batteries but we have a motor mover which can be very draining.

On saying that last year we did Glastonbury followed by 20 nights in Devon without electric hook up on the same battery and a 20 watt solar charger, the weather gods were with us! :)

• 11 months later...

Leisure Battery wise, if you don't have a vehicle on which to charge it, how would you charge it? Wondering if it's worth buying one but I don't have a campervan (I have a trailer tent) and don't have "double electrics" etc so unsure how I could/would charge said leisure battery?

Cheers

Leisure Battery wise, if you don't have a vehicle on which to charge it, how would you charge it? Wondering if it's worth buying one but I don't have a campervan (I have a trailer tent) and don't have "double electrics" etc so unsure how I could/would charge said leisure battery?

Cheers

you need to trickle-charge it - slowly.

Some cheap(ish) chargers come with a switch for a faster and slower charge. Use the slow setting and it should be fine.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2 April 2014 at 5:16 AM, PaulieV said:

Have we done funnel to fill up the water tank? Or else you'll need to a-begging to your more prepared neighbours every time you need to refill.

May I reiterate the importance of using a funnel when filling up water carriers from the taps around the camper van site? At a different festival, I once saw a guy swilling out his caravan poo container, and holding the opening right up to the tap! 

Needless to say, I marched up to him and told him off very loudly, saying that the rest of of us  in the queue did not want his family's toilet container contamination affecting our drinking water carriers as we filled them from the same tap. Use a funnel!

Hi do any of you lovely glasto campervan experts have any advice for a glasto newbie with a converted VWT4?? Worrying about the requirement for fitted cooking or washing facilities :unsure: Our van is fully lined and carpetted, has a side window, recessed lights in the ceiling, a proper rock 'n' roll bed and fitted cupboards on top of which we can use our double burner camping stove (but prefer not to as don't like sleeping with smell of bacon!). Will be adding some additional little storage bits too but absolutely cannot afford to be installing a fully fitted kitchen. It's miles away from being a work van with a mattress thrown in the back and is very obviously for camping and leisure use. What do you reckon?? Will we be ok??

On 13 April 2016 at 8:52 AM, MrsSarge said:

Hi do any of you lovely glasto campervan experts have any advice for a glasto newbie with a converted VWT4?? Worrying about the requirement for fitted cooking or washing facilities :unsure: Our van is fully lined and carpetted, has a side window, recessed lights in the ceiling, a proper rock 'n' roll bed and fitted cupboards on top of which we can use our double burner camping stove (but prefer not to as don't like sleeping with smell of bacon!). Will be adding some additional little storage bits too but absolutely cannot afford to be installing a fully fitted kitchen. It's miles away from being a work van with a mattress thrown in the back and is very obviously for camping and leisure use. What do you reckon?? Will we be ok??

Funnily enough I have been stressing about this myself... To the extend that I had a dream we were turned away last night! We are borrowing a Toyato hiace which has an electric cooker (which we won't be able to use as no ehu!) and a sink, so I am hoping and praying we'll be OK. We'll be using our normal gas stove outside.