Setlist-based Spotify playlist

Brave Sir Robin

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Brave Sir Robin this is is truly an amazing feat. Thank you.

Are you going to be at efesters Wednesday night do? If so I would dearly like to buy you drinks.

As somebody said earlier there are so many bands that trigger the 'who the f is that and what do they sound like.....' question.

It's a sort of a wikiglastolineup..........thing!

Cheers

Now, not wanting to sully the great work done by Richard, whose Glasto playlists I have followed since 2011 and are brilliant....

The only thing that doesn't seem to exist is a playlist per stage.

Sometimes I find I just want to go through artists of a particular stage when planning who to go and see.

SO, and with no disrespect to the mighty playlist already on offer, I am in the process of creating STAGE-SPECIFIC playlists. A little side-project to the main daddy, if you will!

Feel free to follow, add to them etc, at:

Pyramid:

Pyramid Stage 2014

Other:

Other Stage 2014

West Holts:

West Holts Stage 2014

The Park:

The Park Stage 2014

John Peel:

John Peel Stage 2014

Acoustic:

Acoustic Stage 2014

Avalon:

Avalon Stage 2014

More to come.

Brilliant effort Brave Sir Robin, you are a legend. Was meaning to do something like this myself so you've saved me a hell of a lot of effort.

Couple of minutes listening and I've discovered that I really like Crystal Fighters who I'd never heard of before. Also always liked Paper Planes by M.I.A but never knew who it was actually by, though now I've made that discovery I'm not sure I like much else by them/her.

Also think in my head I'd somehow confused Metronomy and Pendulum. Metronomy sound like they could be quite interesting (and much more chilled than Pendelum).

Jungle also getting added to my potential bands to see list.

The only thing with really delving into the line up is when the times are announced you discover half the things you've fallen in love with clash.

Edited by ewankenobi

Good idea Stu. I tried something similar last year, doing genre specific playlists, but keeping them updated as well as the main list was just too much.

I've removed Gong and Eat Static, and added Preatures, System 7, Detroit Swindle to Glasto 2014 and updated Black Keys.

Wow system 7 are playing? how did I miss that.cool. any idea where and when?

Brilliant effort Brave Sir Robin, you are a legend. Was meaning to do something like this myself so you've saved me a hell of a lot of effort.

Couple of minutes listening and I've discovered that I really like Crystal Fighters who I'd never heard of before. Also always liked Paper Planes by M.I.A but never knew who it was actually by, though now I've made that discovery I'm not sure I like much else by them/her.

Also think in my head I'd somehow confused Metronomy and Pendulum. Metronomy sound like they could be quite interesting (and much more chilled than Pendelum).

Jungle also getting added to my potential bands to see list.

The only thing with really delving into the line up is when the times are announced you discover half the things you've fallen in love with clash.

Cheers ew*nkenobi!

Great to hear you're finding new bands through it. I really like the Crystal Fighters tracks on there, which are of course the ones they play most, perfect festival fare, but they also have some more dancey stuff which is less good.

As for M.I.A., rapping over a Clash sample sounds great but I don't like the rest of her stuff either. And I can't stand Metronomy (or Pendulum!) Jungle do sound good.

Wow system 7 are playing? how did I miss that.cool. any idea where and when?

I got a message from someone saying they'd got it from the horse's mouth. It makes sense and I have no reason to disbelieve them. Not the Glade apparently (although Gong cancelling could change that), otherwise don't know.

Added latest self-confirmations Normski, A Guy Called Gerald, Mr Scruff, Sultan of the Disco, Billy Rowan, DJs Steffi and Virginia to Glasto 2014.

Also checked and updated all the Pyramid acts, new tracks for Kasabian, Lily Allen, Ed Sheeran, Rodrigo y Gabriela, the 1975, and the War on Drugs.

Over 600 followers now, which gives me a geeky sense of pride :)